tdo4 results

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Only got the car about a month or two ago and was so far, slightly dissapointed with its performance..

Basically I have a 170bhp ct9 glanza and it goes well enough, but jumped into a supposedly 200+bhp td04 gt... and tbh I thought the glanza was quicker

Took the gt to bishopscourt for some drag and was running mid 15's and was getting destroyed by vti civics(possibly b18s or k20s) and as well as that (and this is by no way a dig at jays auto or jay himself) beaten by 0.2 sec or so by jays auto gt running a ct9.

This made me think that my gt wasn't running too well. So thanks to ted and jay pointing out, there was no vacuum on the fpr. So I took the car to the rollers at elite to see what power it was making and was running less than 160bhp at 1 bar on td04, so they set the fuelling up and made 212.4bhp and 186lbft torque and my god is it a completely different car! Well pleased

I will try and get a graph up asap, on my phone atm

madman

Member +
sweet man id say she goes well now and you wont have the shame of jay in his auto beating you :p

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it mate.

How would you compare the drive on your TD04 GT both on and off boost now its working properly compared to the CT9 Glanza?

Joz

nazzurro19

Member +
so now what would you say is better the ct9 or td04 ?

also when is full boost on a td04 , are you on a standard engine and lastly how laggy does it feel compared to a ct9?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Such a difference from the ct9, much better. Pulls twice as hard and pulls hard right through the revs. Full boost is at around 3800rpm.

I thought from the way people where talking is that the td04 is very laggy and then bang with a big whack of boost, buts its actually very responsive. I use the car as a daily driver so I want something that drives well and it is definately fit for purpose.

I was going to just get a hybrid ct9 for the glanza, but since going td04 I wouldnt look back. There is an aftermarket diff which helps to get the power down, I couldn't imagine a standard box putting the power down, seems to be a abit too much power for 1 wheel to handle.

The gt has low compression pistons, arp headbolts, hks headgasket, acl bearings. The glanza is a stock engine.

el_man

Fresh Recruit
Good results mate, im on a standard box n engine on a td04 n i give it hell still holding up gna get it mapped soon :)

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Yea would probably hold out dead on, the lsd definately helps to get the power down though. If you are thinking of going td04 I would say to make sure ur clutch is uprated or even have one
ready to be put in as the standard clutch wouldn't last too long.

What sort of power/torque figures u getting on urs?

Member +
sounds good andy, they are quite different to the ct9. im yet to see ya drivin about in it bt im sure i'll see it soon

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Havnt seen yourself about much either ed. U will probably know the car though, every1 seems to know it. It came from bangor direction, dark green mark 1 with toms kit, sparco seats, deep dish beo wheels, NKZ reg.

Really pleased with the way elite has set it up, this is the second time these boys have set my car up and couldn't recommend them enough. Easily paid too, 12 runs on dyno, boost controller setup properly as whoever had it before screwed with the settings, 1.5litres of titan oil, power printout, fpr re hosed and adjusted for 90 quid.