TGTT.com Track Day No 3 - The Return! - PAYMENTS NOW DUE PLEASE PAY UP!!!!!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
*************** DEPOSITS BEING TAKEN ***************

THE DATE IS SET FOR 3RD JULY 2010!

OK, in order to secure your place on this most wonderful of track days I will need a MINIMUM of £45 as a deposit. It would be awesome if you could all pay up front but I doubt it'll happen somehow! Please send you paypal payments to uksam2000@email.com. I don't care whether you send it as a gift, money owed or just normal, all ways are good but whatever you chose make sure that I get the £45 in my account so add your fees on if needed (4%).

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND THE NAME OF ANY OTHERS YOUR PAYING FOR WITH YOU PAYMENT.

If you want to use the camp site next door to the track you can find the prices and contact details here:

http://www.llandowcaravanpark.com/tariff.html

The prices are very good so this may be worth a look.

Hi Guys,

I have decided that for the 3rd track day for TGTT I will try Llandow again. For those that don't know, this is in South Wales. The track is a lot of fun, and although it isn't the most technical track it is very good for novice track drivers and the atmosphere is brilliant for a club such as TGTT.

Most on here will know that we were there in March 2009 and it was a great day. We had 38 members turn up to use and abuse their cars on track and the day proved very successful. Everyone had a great time and track time was plentiful.

The sort of time I am looking at is June/July and it should be the same price as last time, which is £90 per car. It will also be on a Saturday. We are limited to 40 cars so please add your name to the list if you are seriously interested in attending (only if your serious please guys, it makes things very difficult if people back out when it comes to the payment!).

I know that some people think the track looks "boring" but I'm sure everyone who was there last time can testify that it isn't. June/July at a track such as Snetterton or Castle Combe is so expensive for a club like us that it will make your eyes water, trust me I've looked into it all!

For those that didn't see the thread for the last one, here is the track:

arial_view_circuit.jpg

Here is what Monkfish has to say about the track:

"I do indeed have experience of that track. If is often regarded as a shit track because it is used for bikes. Not the case. If you've not done a trackday before, or have little experience with one, it's excellent fun.

Start/finish straight is the one along the top, which leads into 'Bus Stop', the left/right/right/left/ complex. It looks easy, but it is difficult to master. Fuck the first corner up (Assuming you don't bail into the 'oh shit' lane) and it ruins the lines for the following 3 corners, and even the sweeping right that follows. The back straight is a long one over a slight crest. When I took The Bitch round last, I was hitting 90+ before braking for the chicane. The last corner, known as 'Glue Pot', is a fast right hander leading into the start/finish straight, again hitting near 90mph before entering the Bus Stop once again.

It's a nice track to drive on. The only real downer is that it is quite heavy on the N/S/F tyre. The real advantage is how cheap the track is. It can often be half that of places like Donnington or Coombe. The sound limit is set to 105dB, but I'm fucked if I've ever seen a car tested there.

The format for the day is usually two 15 minute session for each group (They usually split drivers up by experience, the novices in their own group, denoted with coloured bands) in turn, followed by an "open pit" format where up to 10 cars are allowed out at once.

In short, it's a fun track. It's easy if you want it to be, or a challenge if you're pushing to squeeze time off your lap. The staff there are excellent and very helpful (being car/bike nuts themselves). There is also a go-kart track next door should you fancy a thrash round there. If you have any questions about Llandow, I'll be happy to answer. I can also do the photography there, as I have done several times before."

1. Starlet_Sam *** PAID IN FULL ***
2. lleey2k4 *** PAID IN FULL ***
3. AzE *** PAID IN FULL ***
4. Rossi *** PAID IN FULL ***
5. Brad_l
6. Turbodave *** PAID IN FULL ***
7. Streetech *** PAID IN FULL ***
8. goldenvtr *** PAID IN FULL ***
9. GTti-Luke *** DEPOSIT PAID ***
10. Dj ep
11. Turbodave's Dad *** PAID IN FULL ***
12. Weakboy2 *** PAID IN FULL ***
13. MikeyB *** PAID IN FULL ***
14. Harvey *** PAID IN FULL ***
15. Peter Bower *** PAID IN FULL ***
16. Dub *** PAID IN FULL ***
17. Lidders
18. Jamesbaa *** DEPOSIT PAID ***
19. ian *** PAID IN FULL ***
20. Sanchez
21. Gtdan
22. Nick@TD
23. Mike@TD
24. Broomy
25. Oli
26. Rory
27. Murray
28. mrkd5916 *** PAID IN FULL ***
29. Sx_Matchew
30. Glanzagee *** PAID IN FULL ***
31. KrissyB
32. Gaz_ep85 *** PAID IN FULL ***
33. jimmy77
34. Toyobaz *** PAID IN FULL ***
35. Monkfish *** PAID IN FULL ***
36. MikeyB's mate *** PAID IN FULL ***
37. Mctaggart *** PAID IN FULL ***
38. Matt Glanza ***DEPOSIT PAID ***
39. Rossi's Mate *** PAID IN FULL ***
40. Pallett *** PAID IN FULL ***
41. Stokesey
42. Mikeep71 *** PAID IN FULL ***
43. Fudi
44. SIMONJP
45. KYLE
46. Sheri (EP85 Turbo)
47. Sheri's Boyfriend Al (B18 Civic) *** PAID IN FULL ***
48. Idrees *** PAID IN FULL ***
49. Rosco *** PAID IN FULL ***
50. Iain@CRD
51. Ian's mate 1 *** PAID IN FULL ***
52. Ian's mate 2 *** PAID IN FULL ***
53. Akaye4000 *** PAID IN FULL ***
54. Akaye4000's dad *** PAID IN FULL ***
55. Kelvin (Mikeep71's mate) *** PAID IN FULL ***
56. Geoff (Mikeep71's mate) *** PAID IN FULL ***
57. Mark (Mikeep71's mate) *** PAID IN FULL ***
58. Steve (Mikeep71's mate) *** PAID IN FULL ***

As always, you can only get a refund if:
1. You find a replacement
2. The day is cancelled

Last edited:

AzE_B

Member +
the m25 track again lol im in

1. Starlet_Sam
2. lleey2k4
3. AzE

why cant you find one closer lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlet_Sam

Nice and local again!

What would be acceptable, I'll look into it? The tracks I know of in the South East are stupid money for this sort of thing, joining a public day as a club would be easy, but exclusive is out of the question for us (unless you wanna sponser it heavily lol?!)

Sparky

Member +
1. Starlet_Sam
2. lleey2k4
3. AzE
4. Sparky

All depends if my GT will be done in time, I am hoping it will be ready for Japfest which is before June anyway so hopefully!!!

I attended last year and what a Day it was!!

Brad_L

Member +
as its the closest track to me im 100% up for it

1. Starlet_Sam
2. lleey2k4
3. AzE
4. Sparky
5. Brad_l

Starlet_Sam

Is that Bedford Autodrome a good price as i take it thats abit more central maybe.

One of the most expensive!

All track days are limited to a number so I don't see a problem sharing. With open pit you can always get plenty of track time

Yeah, but IMO a public track day can be done at any time and I personally like the exclusive ones. No doubt there will be trips to public ones in the near future for TGTT.

AzE_B

Member +
cool knockhill is only round the coner lol i think if its guna be that far we need to make a weekend of it

TurboDave

Member +
Ill definatley be attending my "local" track day this time if its at Llandow.

1. Starlet_Sam
2. lleey2k4
3. AzE
4. Sparky
5. Brad_l
6. Turbodave