@toyotagtturbo.com email address: Info for Paid Members

gv1.3

Admin
Hi guys,

we have been looking at many different ways of offering bespoke email addresses to our paid members. In the course of researching this we found that the vast majority of users are using pretty good mainstream mail accounts such as gmail which has great spam filtering.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel we have decided to use mail redirection as it is clean and simple and allows users continue to use the mail accounts they have been using for years.

The staff of TGTT have been testing this and it all seems to work fine , except for some badly configured mail servers such as o2.ie mail which do not like relayed mail but for pretty much every other mail provider it works fine.

So what do I have to do I hear you say...

Simple!

Send an email to myemail@toyotagtturbo.com from the account you want your email to go to and with your username in the subject of the email

-----------------------------------------
for example:

To: myemail@toyotagtturbo.com
Subject: gv1.3
------------------------------------------

You will receive a confirmation once your account has been setup.

You may wish to change the "Sent From" in your mail client to your tgtt.com address which will then show your tgtt.com address to people you email rather than your usual email address.

We have the ability to give full hosted email accounts but we took the view that this was the simpler option for most but if there is demand for full email accounts in the future we can look at that.

If you have any questions or queries respond below please,

Dylan

PS: you can only have your username as your email address nothing else! And this may need to be altered slightly if your username contains charachters that are not valid in an email address.

gv1.3

Admin
for those who missed it - Bump

for all who sent in requests - your email addresses have been set up now.

Dylan

GTti

Member +
Thanks!
< Any way this can be added to the grey box as contact details or something rather than a forum signature.

Alot of spam bots like scanning sites for email addresses, would be good to have as a link or something?

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
bump- we have had a great response to this so far. All paid members that requested email addresses have been set up and should have received a confirmation email back.

If any other paid members would like their email address set up just follow the instructions above :)

Jay

Admin
Excellent work on this Dylan, it makes such a difference giving out a professional email address. Dead handy to set up too. :)

Sharagath

Member +
bump- we have had a great response to this so far. All paid members that requested email addresses have been set up and should have received a confirmation email back.

If any other paid members would like their email address set up just follow the instructions above :)

i have requested a email, but didn't get a confirmation yet.

gv1.3

Admin
I sent you a mail dude you were the first one I did.
And never got any delivery failure on the mail either. Amyhow its set up for ya

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

we have had a great response to this so far. But where are the rest of our paid members??? come on get sending in your requests for a shiney new toyotagtturbo.com email address.

Dylan

gv1.3

Admin
hi please read instructions in the first post and send a mail to the require email address. We need this for our records, thanks

gv1.3

Admin
for those of you now using your toyotagtturbo.com email addresses - if you find you are not receiving emails check your spam filter and make sure mails being directed to your account are not being marked as spam.

Some spam filters are sensitive to redirected emails.