turbo and bov vacuum lines

jhune

Fresh Recruit
hi there guys i would like to inquire for a friend how this works.. he just got a 4efte transplant. basically he's complaining that his bov doesn't work, so what i did (feeling confident) was take a look at his engine since i think it has the same format as mine, and somehow i feel like it's just the vacuum lines but to my surprise this is what i saw in his engine bay..

P5280316.jpg

it's totally set differently to mine, am actually looking for the solenoid, but can't find it.. i did see something located at the back that resembles it, but i can't be too sure.. i believe the engine is 2nd gen, whereas what i have is 1st gen.. is there any difference between the two gens in regards with vacuum lines?.. thanks guys!

tayyib

Lifer
seems to look like the 3 vacuum pipes which are located on top of the cambelt cover have been removed, could be something to do with them, ther than that i couldn't tell.

chinesemafia

Member +
Well his bov wornt work cause the line that's going to the intake pipe is the vacume line for the bov sohave your friend move that and the one he has going to the bov he can eliminate completly bear in mind withit venting he will be running permanent high boost

chinesemafia

Member +
Well his bov wornt work cause the line that's going to the intake pipe is the vacume line for the bov sohave your friend move that and the one he has going to the bov he can eliminate completly bear in mind withit venting he will be running permanent high boost

jhune

Fresh Recruit
-tayyib
yep, that's what i've noticed, 'cause with my engine i have those vacuum pipes, mine's 1st gen 4efte, and this one is 2nd.. so am not so sure if we have the samce configuration or not, or basically the 3 vacuum pipes have been removed..

-chinese
what i actually tried is connect the vacuum line from the throttle body to the bov (that's how it's configured with mine), then connected the vacuum line near the camgear cover to the inlet pipe.. the result was very low rpm, and still giving a weak blow-off.. afraid to do the engine some damage, we decided to return it where it's configured..

what we didn't try is raising the idle after changing the vacuum lines.. any input on this?.. thanks for the help guys!:kiss:

J25GTi

Lifer
Take the pipe, off of the intake tract, (nearest radiator) and link it across to the one that comes up to the side of the cambelt cover.

Take the intake vac pipe put it where the yellow one is, and the move the yellow one across to the left of the dv.

That should sort it

jhune

Fresh Recruit
-j25
yep, tried that. eventually the idle got really low, afraid to what might happen, we returned it to the way it is.. i guess am gonna give it another go and try to raise the idle and see what happens then.. thanks!

-adi27
i agree! ehehe! that's why as soon as this gets fixed, we'll be upgrading to blitz bov, replacing the standard valve..:haha:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
as it's setup now all you've got is an air leak as the manifold is drawing air in via the EFI pipe after the throttle butterfly. when you block this off the revs will drop, simply use the idle screw to bring them up again :)

P5280316.jpg

can't see a hi/lo solonoid in there, ideally need to see how the actuator is piped up too.