Urgent help needed!!! Water coming from inlet mainfold?!

Paddy

Lifer
Just fitted a new engine to my glanza, I've just put water in it and noticed water dripping from the back, turns out there's a stream of water coming from the bottom of the inlet manifold/head on the 4th port , any ideas? I'm about to take the inlet manifold off

ryan_v

Lifer
You've got a water line connected to a vaccume line on the throttle body. Use the search pal, there's pictures of where the water lines go and where the vacuum lines go.

Paddy

Lifer
yep its the 2nd of the 2, its a gt engine with glanza manifold, gonna try some heavy duty silicon leave it couple days and try again, cheers for the help guys

dac69er

Super Moderator
yep its the 2nd of the 2, its a gt engine with glanza manifold, gonna try some heavy duty silicon leave it couple days and try again, cheers for the help guys

i would personally do it properly as if that silicone goes you overheat your engine :(

i would at the very least make a plate up that you can bolt on using that extra bolt hole and then use the silicone to seal it. that way your not relying on just silicone to hold the water pressure back.

davehart

Member +
Ah, I see the problem :)

Either get a manifold to match from a GT of create some inventive way of blocking that little gap, sealant may well as Dac says cause you a big issue when it gives way.

Temp bodge it with a small weld?