Washing Air Filter (Apexi)

Gee

Member +
And while we are at it, what would be good to was a 'Green' filter with? Think they are cotton?

Sorry for thread hi-jack, better than starting another :D

You can buy air cleaner...cleaners thou amate :D

Nwimie

Member +
i washed my apexi in a bowl of hot water swished it about and rubbed it lots of black nasty crap came out yuckyyy

starbogt

Member +
I washed mine in soap and water then I actually used k&n filter oil on it and it works fine might not add the oil next time! It's still working really well as it gets dirty so its doing the job it was intended to do. I don't replace things if they aint broke or worn out.

Red Hot

Member +
thats nog true.

you can't wash out the really fine dust. You should not use k&n oil as that is made for cotton filters, which the apexi is not.

30-40k miles

Dave to the rescue. :p

So replace the filter of an Apexi Power Intake every 30-40k miles, or if you want a reuseble filter get a k&n.:)

Timmy

Member +
but than a k&n you have to clean out ever 10-12k and replace every 30k anyway. Just dont touch it it's simple. Replace at 30k.

starbogt

Member +
but than a k&n you have to clean out ever 10-12k and replace every 30k anyway. Just dont touch it it's simple. Replace at 30k.
K&N have a million mile warranty so where you get your info from is beyond me!
people will do it there own way I just said how things work for me. Rather a lot of cash to pay out everytime the filter gets dirty my apexi gets filthy after a year or 7k miles if I left it until 30k there wouldn't be any air getting in! A lot of people don't run filters so at least something is stopping the crap getting in, mine still works fine and its due to be cleaned again soon which hasn't harmed it twice in the last 2 years.
What would you rather do run it dirty reducing power, try cleaning it or just spend 100quid + for a new 1?? I know which I'll keep doing.