Wastegate spring pressure

Discussion in 'ENGINE' started by 1990timeismoney, May 12, 2019.

1. 1990timeismoney

1990timeismoney Paid Member

Hi all.
    In the process of going over to external wastegate setup on my td04.blitz ECU intercooler fpr etc.and currently running 1bar on internal wastegate.what spring pressure do I require to run the same boost on the external setup.

Thanks
    Luke

2. H_D

H_D Paid Member

0.7 bar spring with boost controller set to 1bar

Jay likes this.
  3. 1990timeismoney

Thank you very much for your reply been a great help.
    just need a spring and wastegate now any recommendations on best place to buy.

Thanks again
    Luke

4. SKINY

SKINY Registered User +

Ebay mate, I got a demon motorsport one for 60£ from memory it was a .7 bar spring but I'm going to run 1 bar using the boost controller, think the general rule is(dont quote me lool)you can run twice the spring pressure with a boost controller

5. H_D

H_D Paid Member

I use a genuine 38mm tial mvs. Cant really fault it

gorganl2000 likes this.
  6. gorganl2000

gorganl2000 Registered User +

i run the exact same genuine unit...i think this is a product that you don't want no fake item, too much at risk if it does wrong
    you can get the genuine unit from ebay as well...the fake ones are usually way cheaper

7. 1990timeismoney

Hi all cheers for all your replys and help I think I'll go with the genuine tial unit and the .7 spring.
    Awesome thanks again.

SKINY likes this.
  8. wickedep

wickedep Registered Trader

look to id-workz or TB-developements for genuine tial waste gates mate. as someone just mentioned...best to go with genuine waste gate because waste gate failure could lead to engine damage.

gorganl2000 likes this.
  9. H_D

H_D Paid Member

You will get varios springs with the kit. Make sure you insert the correct one.

gorganl2000 likes this.