WEPR Hybrid update!!!

wickedep

Trader
right lads..
i am very sorry that this has taken so long. as some of you are already aware that we were having boost control issues with the hybrids we sold. toyobaz sent his set up back to us to test. first of all i've always said that this is a wastegate problem. we originally calculated the minimum size of the wastegate needed would be 28mm to control the boost accurately. the external wastegates we sent out has a inlet of 38mm and outlet (dump side) of 31mm..so technically according to initial calculations this would have been enough even though the wastegate wasnt 38mm right through. but obviously this didnt work out.

so when barrie sent us back his set up we tested it with a tial 38mm ( its 38mm through and through..no restrcition) wastegate and lord behold...NO boost problems..none..zilch..we could only run a max of 0.7 bar because our test car is on stock injectors. however all boost control issues were sorted with bigger/better flowing wastegate. forum member JGT had a ride in it last afternoon too..he even drove the car and can attest to this.

i will be out of the country for a few days and as soon as i get back i will let you guys on how best we can sort out this issue. once again i appologize for take this long to test and give you guys the results.

sacha
wickedEP Racing

Last edited:

wickedep

Trader
also wanted to add thats the car was tested with..

a full 2.5" turbo back exhaust
fmic kit
cold air intake
tubular manifold
38mm wastegate

sacha
wickedEP Racing

JGT

Member +
Yeah the kit is awesome to be honest, even at .7bar it pulls strong with no lag. Really good setup that does the job, it will own on UK streets!

steveep82

Member +
Not being funny but wasnt the kit tested before twice with no ex wastegate and then with the first ex wastegate and you found no problems then? Also, shouldnt you test the kit at its maximum output, ie 1.whatever bar you rate the turbo to?

wickedep

Trader
i dont have time to do any more testing before i leave. once i get back i will test and keep testing till i am 100% certain there are no problems.

sacha
wickedEP Racing

wickedep

Trader
ps: James..you drove the car at only 0.5 bar mate hehe..i did more testing later that evening at 0.7bar :)

sacha
wickedEP Racing

Jay

Admin
Good to hear you have seen some progress in the hunt for this problem Sacha, mine is still yet to see boost so I'll hold off till you are happy with your findings mate.

Jay

JGT

Member +
Daaamn, such a little amount of boost but it goes like the clappers!

GeeUK, absolutely nothing.

wickedep

Trader
hey barrie...
i am just waiting on a set of larger injectors to come through the post so that i can up the boost to 1.0bar. we ahd a set of upgraded injectors for our test car, but they've got messed up. just bare with me a little longer guys. i want to make sure there are zero problems this time around.

sacha
wickedEP Racing

toyobaz

Member +
hey barrie...
i am just waiting on a set of larger injectors to come through the post so that i can up the boost to 1.0bar. we ahd a set of upgraded injectors for our test car, but they've got messed up. just bare with me a little longer guys. i want to make sure there are zero problems this time around.

sacha
wickedEP Racing

and the latest is ???

wickedep

Trader
hey barrie..
sorry for the late reply..i havnt been regular the last few days. could you pm me your shipping address please? thanks so much

sacha
wickedEP Racing