What Bhp would i expect??

spence

Member +
Hi, im new to owning a Glanza v turbo and was just curious on how much bhp they are with no modifications to the engine at all.

Cheers
Spence

dan-gt

Member +
Ok, cheers guys. Would it be good to remap it with it being standard or would that be a waste of money and time??

Hi mate affraid the starlets can not be remapped ! Look at getting a full exhaust, route the air filter to front of car will see it breathing and getting rid off hazard better free up a few ponys

Ideally look at getting

Full exhaust
Uprated manifold
Front mount intercooler
Rising rate fuel pressure valve
Fuel cut defender
Hks acctuater
Uprated clutch

Then take it to a tuners and get them to set boost to 1 bar and adjust fueling to suit and will see you on the good side of 180 ish mate

As said mate can't map the standard ecu if your after a aftermarket ecu plug and play there's a blitz here for sale

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?85808-Blitz-Access-ECU-EP82/page3

other mods for ct9 set up are

de cat
after market exhaust
aftermarket manifold
aftermarket air filter and re locate to front of car (remove air con)
front mount intercooler
hks actuator

Or just use the link mad_max926 has just posted above its a good link just seen it lol

rep,d mad_max926

Last edited:

spence

Member +
As said mate can't map the standard ecu if your after a aftermarket ecu plug and play there's a blitz here for sale

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?85808-Blitz-Access-ECU-EP82/page3

other mods for ct9 set up are

de cat
after market exhaust
aftermarket manifold
aftermarket air filter and re locate to front of car (remove air con)
front mount intercooler
hks actuator

Or just use the link mad_max926 has just posted above its a good link just seen it lol

rep,d mad_max926

Cheers for all your responses guys.

Ill be guessin that the ct9 is the stadard turbo then?? And if i did get a decat would it still pass the mot with it being an import because i have been told this before n was abit confused coz after 1994 cars have to have a cat, so just wondering whats the truth on that.

Howmuch are the air filter relocations and where would i get 1 from coz iv looked and cant find 1??

Cheers everyone
Spence

Yes mate ct9 is standard turbo yes you can buy the relocation from there or buy the bits from eBay and make your own other traders on here also sell them you will have to remove the air conditioning though to relocate the air filter

Also in answer to your earlier question standard bhp is 133 when new

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +

spence

Member +
Yes mate ct9 is standard turbo yes you can buy the relocation from there or buy the bits from eBay and make your own other traders on here also sell them you will have to remove the air conditioning though to relocate the air filter

Also in answer to your earlier question standard bhp is 133 when new

Right, im gettin confused now, do u have to remove the air con to fit a relocation or not???? :confused:

mad_max926

Member +
mate trust get rid of your air con everything more a less give or take a few things is in that guide to be fair, just i dont necassarily agree with the order of it because i believe you will get way too much boost creep.

i would not buy a front mount air filter yet it will cause you excessive boost creep! you will hit fuel cut all day long.

ok first things first is keep your eyes open for a p &p ecu (no remap costs etc and will adjust to more a less every mod you can do on the tock ct9 or hybrid turbo)

in my opinion and from my own experience from modding my stock v going to 200bhp, i recommend you start with a japspeed exhaust some form of decat and mani the cat back exhaust can be bought from ebay (and can offer a huge saving), as for the mani dont buy that from ebay and avoid the stainless ct9 manis like the plague they fail after 1000 miles. you will still boost creep at this point but hopefully not tooo much! i run a zisco equal length mani top mount intercooler friendly i suffered with major boost creep even with a ported wastegate, once i fitted the mani the boost that had been set at 0.8 bar on the acutator lowered to 0.7 bar and i had no creep what so ever from this point on(i do not recommend these manis but thats a different matter in itself)

after you have the exhaust sorted the look for a p & p ecu then your front mount filter and then turn your boost up to a bar job done give or take a few other bits and pieces like the essentials of a decent service, magnecore leads a new plugs etc.
the guide on uksc listed above is very helpful

oh and you more than likely will have probs with mots with the decat but you just got to find a friendly mot tester who you can leave £20 in your ashtray for

spence

Member +
mate trust get rid of your air con everything more a less give or take a few things is in that guide to be fair, just i dont necassarily agree with the order of it because i believe you will get way too much boost creep.

i would not buy a front mount air filter yet it will cause you excessive boost creep! you will hit fuel cut all day long.

ok first things first is keep your eyes open for a p &p ecu (no remap costs etc and will adjust to more a less every mod you can do on the tock ct9 or hybrid turbo)

in my opinion and from my own experience from modding my stock v going to 200bhp, i recommend you start with a japspeed exhaust some form of decat and mani the cat back exhaust can be bought from ebay (and can offer a huge saving), as for the mani dont buy that from ebay and avoid the stainless ct9 manis like the plague they fail after 1000 miles. you will still boost creep at this point but hopefully not tooo much! i run a zisco equal length mani top mount intercooler friendly i suffered with major boost creep even with a ported wastegate, once i fitted the mani the boost that had been set at 0.8 bar on the acutator lowered to 0.7 bar and i had no creep what so ever from this point on(i do not recommend these manis but thats a different matter in itself)

after you have the exhaust sorted the look for a p & p ecu then your front mount filter and then turn your boost up to a bar job done give or take a few other bits and pieces like the essentials of a decent service, magnecore leads a new plugs etc.

oh and you more than likely will have probs with mots with the decat but you just got to find a friendly mot tester who you can leave £20 in your ashtray for

How do u mean by boost creep?? :confused:

Paul_JJ

Member +

Mate I'm not talking theory here, I have it on my car and it does an amazing job with no boost creep at all. The air filter was designed to 208 bhp - it would not give any boost creep if your get the car to 0.8-1.0 BAR.

Paul_JJ

Member +
How do u mean by boost creep?? :confused:

Boost creep - you can do a search on the forum. It's when u have too much boost u don't need because you sucking too much air in and the wastegate is unable to get rid of it quick enough.

On my setup with my air filter - I do not get any boost creep.
The aircon will make your car lighter - agree on that, but no bloody way the car will go a lot faster!

spence

Member +
Boost creep - you can do a search on the forum. It's when u have too much boost u don't need because you sucking too much air in and the wastegate is unable to get rid of it quick enough.

On my setup with my air filter - I do not get any boost creep.
The aircon will make your car lighter - agree on that, but no bloody way the car will go a lot faster!

Oh yeah, i did a search n kinda get what boost creep is now lol.
So u guys are sayin that i should get a filter relocation to the front n remove my aircon then??

Paul_JJ

Member +
Oh yeah, i did a search n kinda get what boost creep is now lol.
So u guys are sayin that i should get a filter relocation to the front n remove my aircon then??

It's up to you if you want to keep it or not. If you're confident that you never use it - then just get rid of it. If you think that you might need it in the future - then keep it and do the relocation the way I've done it - does a good job and you still have an AC.

spence

Member +
It's up to you if you want to keep it or not. If you're confident that you never use it - then just get rid of it. If you think that you might need it in the future - then keep it and do the relocation the way I've done it - does a good job and you still have an AC.

Yeah i do use it, quite alot actually

what have u used for the pipe??

Something like this so it doesnt melt but bends to how u want it??
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330411055362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT