What is a 1 bar starlet comparable to??

Status
Not open for further replies.

After-Glanza

Member +
as above if you have a starlet running 1bar (ct9) with supporting mods and to be safe say a bhp of 175bhp or similar, what kind of cars would the wee starlet sit with/beat. in their standard form i mean. im guessing they would get blown off by scoobies, evos etc but normal cars like civic type r's etc and integras and whatever else, dam i can only think of hondas here lol

Spoonz

Member +
Type Rs etc would be close TBH some u will kill others u wont depends on the rev range i would say.
Scoobies etc depends whats done to them at pod ive beat some 300bhp 1s at about 170bhp but then again it depends on "HOW" they got 300bhp

After-Glanza

Member +
ah rite yea i wouldnt have thought there would be much in it. ive yet to experience the feeling of 1bar lol but providing my intercooler arrives today or friday then im going to get it set up on friday. is there a big difference when you increase from 10.5psi (what im runnin ) to say 14.5-15psi. i mean the feeling you get when your driving in the car. ive driven scoobies and they kinda force you back in your seat, would the starlet do that or not? i know it probs wouldnt be as 'harsh' lol

Guye

Lifer
Stock evos with the fuel cut still engaged :) Assuming the starlet has the speed cut removed along with the fuel cut...

Spoonz

Member +
A bar is awsome but u get use to it very quick has for pinning u in the seat doubt it haha.
Wen i set mine up at a bar with my EBC i had it set so nothing would happen until 3k then BAM but it dies out at about 5-6k revs cause the lil CT9 cant handle it haha

TurboDave

Member +
You wont notice a massive increase in power, it should be quick but dont expect to be overtaking ferarris etc.

After-Glanza

Member +
lol at the ferrari comment. im not expecting anything too special just wanted to get an idea of peoples opinions on how it feels. at least i know it wil be fun experiencing it for the first time.

monka

Member +
i'd have thought you will beat a ctr easily.

raced in few in my near stock starlet and there really wasnt anything init.

Well mines is setup @ 1.2 bar on a CT9 with all supporting mods and on a track I can beat Civics both mildly modded VTI's and slightly modded SIR's beat them by a good bit. Also beaten ST Focus, Accords, VTS's etc so thats the kind of cars you would be up against and I beat all the above by a good few car lengths;)
Christy

TurboDave

Member +
CTR's around the 51 plate etc are not to be underestimated. When they are in their powerband and being driven properly they are quick cars. I find that the CTR's are substantially faster on the flat than up hills.

:)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
170horse in a starlet is a quick little car, you'll stick with if not beat most things floating about on the road, normal cars im talking.....

enright82

Member +
Are you having a laugh?

Any stock Evo's will destroy a 1 bar Glanza very badly.

i have a gt runnin 1.1bar & i raced a 276bhp dyno proven evo 4 and he could not get past me till 120, so im not being funny but thats ^^ not entirely true :)

TurboDave

Member +
i have a gt runnin 1.1bar & i raced a 276bhp dyno proven evo 4 and he could not get past me till 120, so im not being funny but thats ^^ not entirely true :)

Cant explain that then a stock Evo 4 with ~276bhp does;

0-60 - 4.83 seconds
0-100 - 12.97
1/4 Mile - 13.3 seconds

sx_turbo

Lifer
a 1 bar starlet is quicker than most things on the road.

it will keep up with the later civics and should beat ek's and eg's providing there not highly modded.

but if comparing like for like there isnt really anything to be fair

Status
Not open for further replies.