what is safe boost to run

stedee

Member +
i went to the rr the other day and i got 155 on standard boost and 185hp /180lb/ft at 1 bar, can i run more safely
ive got blitz k1,blitz fmic,power fc, oil cooler, standard injectors and getting a walbro,
the engine compression was reading exactly 160 psi on all 4 cylinders

it was on an accurate dyno btw not a dastek

cheers steve

Boab

Member +
a fuel pump and pressure regulator would be a good idea, make sure the fuelling is up to the boost.

Dave.

Member +
Not really. He's got a PowerFC, and stock fueling (albeit old) is good for 200-220bhp depending on a lot of factors.

By all means freshen it up with new parts, but its not needed at that power.

You could up the boost a little bit more, like 1.1 (hubbygt on here runs that on his K1). althought I've been led to believe 1.2bar is just outside the efficiency range of this turbo.

Dave

Dave.

Member +
I assumed he had one...

If you don't, GTdan is right on the money, you'll need the manifold at that kind of boost, and the decat will get you a good power increase too. Much more than turning the boost up another 0.1bar.

Dave

GTdan

In The Closet
k1 is a turbo aint it??or am i just having a bad day??? its an exhaust aint it a k1??

if thats case, then yes i was right LOL

stedee

Member +
sorry guys, i had no replies for ages, the fun of owning a starlet lol

its got a decat and a jam manifold, i took it to rs tuning in leeds - not recommended cos a/ ive still got det and b/ once he had is 400 bucks not interested in sorting out - well pissed off from what ive heard i should be getting 200hp at 1bar, a mate of mine got 180hp ona standard ct9 at 1 bar, ive got all these goodies and nothing to show except for a 400 pound sized hole in my pocket and a car i`m scared to boot.

anyone got a fueling/ignition map for a ct9 hybrid so i can compare to my map

a unhappy camper.

Phil

Super Moderator
frig thats crap mate, hope you get it all sorted,

nb, your manifold is more than likely a blitz one (identical to jam) that would have came in the K1 turbo kit from blitz!

im sure some1 will sort this out for ya.

Phil

stedee

Member +
well cut a long story shorter - i remapped it myself with a little help from the powerfc manual i printed off the net, i used the map plotter to see where i needed to adjust the timing and all seems alot better, tbh i think that the guy ar rs tuning doesnt know how to map the power fc because there are variables like acceleration where you can adjust the fueling under hard load. well anyway at 1bar i was getting knock figures of upto 80 under full load now ive done my messing the highest i get is 33 at 1.2 bar, i also ported the wastegate from 22 mil to 25 mil and what a difference ,hardly any boost spike that is why i felt confident to up boost to 1.2 because it spiked to 1.2 anyway b4 i did the wastegate, now i need 330 cc injectors because they are running at 100% at about 5500 revs, hopefully once thats done i think i should be running about 220 - 230hp, it feels quicker anyway.