What turbo to achieve 350bhp?

srankin90

Member +
Doing a 4E forged build at the minute and was wondering what turbo i should use. Im thinking would a td05 16g just do the job or get an ihi turbo but which to choose. Any advice? thanks

Mark-ep91

Member +
thats alot of power to be looking from the 4e lol!

i was in popsys car running 4e td05 at 1.6 bar and he got nearly 300bhp so id say you would need a way bigger turbo than td05 to reach 350 which will mean more lag

Chris@CCM

Member +
A td05 will get dam Ner it u need low comp engine and good fuel , fuel is the limiting factor on most high powered starlets

srankin90

Member +
I was talking to andrew at momentum motorsport and he was saying the last 4e td05 they mapped was 330bhp. Suppose it depends on what size of td05 is being used 16g 18g or 20g

srankin90

Member +
A td05 will get dam Ner it u need low comp engine and good fuel , fuel is the limiting factor on most high powered starlets
have JE low compression pistons scat rods 1.4mm headgasket and it will be mapped on power fc. Want to break the 350bhp mark. What about a vf35, too much lag?

Nickzorz

Member +
Who makes that Godzilla turbo kit? That will get you some numbers.

350 hp is a bit high for my tastes on a pokey little 4e. If your doing the works then may as well go 5e for extra oomph. Nothing like a bit of free opinion.

srankin90

Member +
Who makes that Godzilla turbo kit? That will get you some numbers.

350 hp is a bit high for my tastes on a pokey little 4e. If your doing the works then may as well go 5e for extra oomph. Nothing like a bit of free opinion.
i was talking with andrew at momentum and he was saying he think the 4E engine is better. rev better and not that much difference in power. Sure spuddy is using a 4E isnt he?

Chris@CCM

Member +
i was talking with andrew at momentum and he was saying he think the 4E engine is better. rev better and not that much difference in power. Sure spuddy is using a 4E isnt he?

Was this car he talks off dynoed , to me a 5e is much better way less lagy more drivability etc

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.

Nah mines 5E, its not extra power as such a 5e give but better spool time for larger turbos.

Use TD05 up about 2-2.2bar or run 1.6-1.8 and use nitrous to fill the gap.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Forged pistons and rods, don't see why not.

I think you can still get the turbo I used last year from Pukka Performance, its a hybrid TD05, slightly laggier but at 1.4bar it made 320hp so I'm sure 1.8 would get you your target.

srankin90

Member +
It just people on here usually seem to never go above 1.8bar. Who do you think is the best in NI for mapping?