Which turbo Suits Best On 4efte ?

monka

Member +
really depends what you want out it.

all of those turbo's you listed will make that much with the supporting mods, a ct9 hybrid would do it. lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
hybrid ct9 turbo @1.2 bar, has same spool as ct9 but more power and torque.

failing that, a tdo4 or k24. any bigger and lag becomes a problem.

i've heard the ct12 isnt really worthwhile

and td05 has loads of lag, will prob kick in at about 5k rpm

monka

Member +
sounds like a stupid question, but if sent off a turbo for a hybrid conversion, say ct9.
would there be a difference if it was a ct9a or ct9b.

kingyglanza

Member +
K24 In my opinion, very user friendly turbo. Mine made 207.9 at 0.75bar and 222.1bhp at 0.95bar on stock internals untuned. Boost comes in very strong a 3600rpm so not much lag either.

azerty

Supermoderator
I wouldn't agrea a CT12 isn't worth it.
to be more precise a CT12 hybrid (or should I say highflow) has to be better than a CT9 hybrid. why that ? cause the exhaust impeller is twice larger (but same diametre) and the shaft is twice bigger. so it should be stronger and accept higher boost if big compressor impeller is fitted (hence why I mention highflow)
I had one fitted, it was a very nice turbo. even if I liked my TD04L 13g highflow setup much better

Fresh Recruit
Thanks all of you for the replies.
firstly i was thinking of putting CT12 as its avaiable over here in paki.
but i changed my mind as lots of you guys and oher ppl aswell have told be thats a shits turbo to be on 4efte.
Can somebody tell me About K24 Turbo ?
Maybe i cn Find one over here.

sounds like a stupid question, but if sent off a turbo for a hybrid conversion, say ct9.
would there be a difference if it was a ct9a or ct9b.

CT9b is far larger if you put ct9 up against both compressor wheel and turbine are far bigger from standard + CT9b has asn extra blade on turbine wheel

my personal opinion is CT9b hybrid if you can get it

villen25

Member +
how good is this? power/lag wise

DESCRIPTION: t25/t28 tdo4-h turbo charger + oil drain / oil feed oil line kit for t25/t28

Turbo spec: t25 turbo

intake in: 37.8 ex: 59.7

exhaust in: 45.47 ex: 52.9

-25-27 PSI

-T25/T28 FLANGE

-INTERNAL WASTEGATE SET AT 8PSI

-OUICK SPOOL STARTS AT 2500RPM

fits

t25 turbo/ t28 turbo

-gt40 turbocharger

-14b turbocharger

what's the difference from the tdo4L and tdo4H?

Last edited:

Fresh Recruit
nice info villen, even tho i didnt understand a bit but lol :p
Dude nobody give me info about K24 turbocharger the pervious guys were advicing to put. And how much can i MAX Boost on Stock Ct9 ? What will prob i have to face if i boost it to 1 bar ?

starbogt

Member +
with the correct mods a Stock ct9 will hold 1.2bar before becoming inefficient but you will need to sort third runner in manifold out and possibly a front mount intercooler, to get to 1 bar you will also need extra fueling and an fcd or similar to prevent boost cut out and an upgrade in actuator.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
there are common problems with ct9's one they start overboosting at around over 1 bar then they drop like flys! they dontreally like huge boost

Mo_GT

Member +
say if you had the standard ct9 with fcd, fmic, decat, upgraded actuator, fpr and a s/s manifold would that be enough to run 1bar boost ???