Why is it so hard to find a job....

Johnny_C

Lifer
i know theres a resession and all,but jesus there must be somthing on the go.
my current job is really getting on my tits,the money is piss poor which doesnt help.
been looking on jobs sites for the past 2 hrs and see nothing.:mad:

sanchez

Member +
Tell me about it mate, i have a look around from time to time, i hate my job, same shit every day, hate working nights, but the money is great, but would take a pay cut to find a decent day job.

AdDaMan

Member +
same here. my fucking job annoys me. no pay rises ever at all. And the comapny make a profit of 4billion a year and we see fuck all of it. My GF started her job at the same time as me and she has had 10k in payrises in 2 years. its bolocks.

Brendanlez

Member +
There is a few places down here that usually take on apprentices if I hear of any of them taking people on ill let ya know or if you want ill send you their details and you can contact them to see if there is anything going, did you try the FAS site?

alan_5555

Member +
i know theres a resession and all,but jesus there must be somthing on the go.
my current job is really getting on my tits,the money is piss poor which doesnt help.
been looking on jobs sites for the past 2 hrs and see nothing.:mad:

Because the country is not in positive growth and the banks are not freeing up credit to small to medium business...

Texx

Super Moderator
You may be better approaching businesses by sending out your CV with a covering letter (you can always hand deliver them rather than posting them out) rather than trawling through job sites looking for something to jump out at you. The last time I placed an advert in the local paper for a technician it cost £2500, so I wouldn't assume all vacancies will be advertised.

I heard few people saying that there is plenty of work in OZ now. They had it bad for a short while but work is plentiful again. Maybe some of the Aussies on here can confirm.

Maybe you should pack up and emigrate JC. Seems like alot of Paddys are doing that these days.

Brendanlez

Member +
Good point Texx, and if you go to meet them your interest might help and they could keep you in mind for anything coming up

Johnny_C

Lifer
I heard few people saying that there is plenty of work in OZ now. They had it bad for a short while but work is plentiful again. Maybe some of the Aussies on here can confirm.

Maybe you should pack up and emigrate JC. Seems like alot of Paddys are doing that these days.

planning on heading after xmas,its just getting a job that will help fund it alot more thats the problem.

yeah i may just have to go drop my CV around a few places.
ive never liked emailing it,as you rarly get a reply,any time ive looked for a job,meeting them in person ended up with, 'when can you start'.

turbojim

Lifer
I wish i had a job and ye feckers winghin about having one and not liking it ha :haha: im only back from oz about 2 months and there is plenty of work there depending on where you go

Johnny_C

Lifer
I wish i had a job and ye feckers winghin about having one and not liking it ha :haha: im only back from oz about 2 months and there is plenty of work there depending on where you go

ill put it like this,after i take out my fuel money from going to work,id be better off on the brew.:(

durmz

Member +
ill put it like this,after i take out my fuel money from going to work,id be better off on the brew.:(

wow thats pretty shit.

I know what you mean, im in a similar position, i dont mind my current job, but im a qualified pilot and have been searching for an airline job for over a year now, absolutely nothings come up, ive turned over every stone, only chance ive got is that ive just applied to air baltic....latvia...joy....gotta be done though i suppose

Craig_GT

Lifer
currently employed and got a wage rise 2 months ago but i want more, and a taste of diff sized projects. Been looking for the past 8 months in websites, had one interview which i was unsucessful with, there were 48 applicants for one position lol

Foggy

Member +
Im in the same boat no job at the minute. I have to wait to be called back in a few weeks. No choice there is nothing out there!

gv1.3

Admin
Not a good time for jobs unfortunately.

This might sound a bit silly but I would recommend setting up a profile on linked-in if you havent already. I have received 3 job offers in the past couple of months from people who have found me through that site. They were all genuine and relevant jobs too so its worth a try.

Also go in person! If at all possible go to wherever you are interested in working and try get to see someone who has some authority to hire. Sometimes positions do not exist until they see the right person and decide they are worth hiring.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Yep bad state of affairs for the UK. Most jobs in our area are Call Centre as there is about 4 of them.

My mate worked for his dad as a plumber and his dad had to pay him off because of the resession and being done out of £6000.00 on a job. Hes went self employed and word is travelling fast for him. I got out and learn my trade with him also a few days a week.

addz

Member +
Job prospects are dire at the moment, they just want fanny graduates for most jobs, even working as a layman.

Well lads I am over in oz at the mo and there is jobs going but don't think you are going to get of the plane and fall in to a job never that easy.I did my trade as a carpenter but didn't finish it of so that is my down fall.I ant doin my trade just working in a hostel at d mo till I find out what I want to do.if I can help you lads out ask away :)