Will jam ecu fuel a td04?

Mark-ep91

Member +
well i have searched threw all the forums here and everywhere else and have not come across a jam ecu that couldnt fuel a td04

they all seem to run rich

so are they able to fuel it?

they fuel hybrids too and are rich!

so i am right in saying hybrids are nealy as big as td04s with smaller exhaust side and wastegate flap?

would really like to know more bout these ecus any info welcome

currently running speedvision td04 kit at .6 bar, jam ecu, full exhaust etc

and also if ye think no what would i need if going to r/r if its too rich or too lean to adjust it?

have no money for r/r now as i bout new turbo and clutch would just like to no if it would be safe thanks

mark

I ran a td04 with a jam ecu no bother, you won't need to get the car RR just get the fueling checked, somebody with a wideband will be able to do this for you.

Guye

Lifer
As you said, I have not come across one that couldn't fuel for a TD04 either. The problem is, although these ecus are known to eventually trim the afr out on the rich (safe) side are you willing to take the chance with your engine and new setup without getting it checked? Will you be totally comfortable going on the word of others that it'll be fine? I have been using a JAM unit for years, but personally I would advise you to run a lower boost level until you can get the fueling checked. Someone with a wideband kit can check the it for you. And remember, when you increase the boost pressure, it will take the 16bit processor some time to adjust the fueling accordingly.

ktl

Member +
Fuels mine perfect into the 11.5 at full wot :).. But the timing was advanced to 19 so we bnrought it back to 11. Should be 10. So get it checked out on the rollers

ktl said:
Fuels mine perfect into the 11.5 at full wot :).. But the timing was advanced to 19 so we bnrought it back to 11. Should be 10. So get it checked out on the rollers
It doesn't need checked on rollers, much cheaper to just get someone with wideband to do it

Mark-ep91

Member +
thanks for the input lads rep added to ye:)

i dont know anybody who has a wide band do thats the problem:mad:

didnt hear one doing any damage yet running lean as they adjust but dont want to take a chance either unless i get few people saying its safe!

ktl

Member +
Get it checked out on the rollers mate as they can check engine knock fueling and aswell your power boost. For sake of 50 quid worth it...

Get it checked out on the rollers mate as they can check engine knock fueling and aswell your power boost. For sake of 50 quid worth it...

You can have knock etc checked without rollers. It will be cheaper and he has said he has no money.

powerboost.jpg

Phil

Super Moderator
any more info on jam ecu running bigger turbos than ct9 welcome lads?

its pot luck.

and ofcourse sacodetero is right, concerning the necessary checks.

and if your in ireland your not too far from ed or chris or jay to sort these sort of things for you.

Phil

Vincent-ep91

Member +
bump for an old thread.
i would like to know what happened with this project in the end as i plan on going down the same route.... cummon lads , altogether now :)

Mark-ep91

Member +
old thread being bumped :)

i sold the car running the td04 turbo and im running a hybrid ct9 now on the same jam ecu, ill be going td04 at 1 bar in a few weeks id say gonna run .7bar off the external wastegate first and im gonna get a fpr to adjust the fueling on a rolling road after that!

i cant see myself needing anything else once u have the td04 kit and fpr just incase its lean to add in fuel,or if too rich to lean it out a little!

hope it helps ya out :)

Vincent-ep91

Member +
yeah it does.
i have to get a front mount and tdo4 kit (stoc rad friendly)
already have the paddle cluch and a sard fpr.
and off to get the feuling checked and i should be set....
the only other thing that worries me is the boost. would you need a boost controller?

Mark-ep91

Member +
yeah it does.
i have to get a front mount and tdo4 kit (stoc rad friendly)
already have the paddle cluch and a sard fpr.
and off to get the feuling checked and i should be set....
the only other thing that worries me is the boost. would you need a boost controller?

depends on what td04 kit u get dude if u get an internal setup u can adjust the boost via the actuator and if ur going with the external wastegate kit usually they come with a .7 bar spring so u can only run .7 bar and if u want more ya will have to get a boost controller!

id recommend going external wastegate do cause the screamer sounds mint

Vincent-ep91

Member +
repped for your info. its starting to become clear now....:)
- tdo4 turbo kit with .7 bar spring and stock rad friendly
- front mount intercooler
- sard fpr installed with appropriate fueling set
- boost controller to prevent any boost spike/creep as i still have stocky stock internals :rockon:

Mark-ep91

Member +
repped for your info. its starting to become clear now....:)
- tdo4 turbo kit with .7 bar spring and stock rad friendly
- front mount intercooler
- sard fpr installed with appropriate fueling set
- boost controller to prevent any boost spike/creep as i still have stocky stock internals :rockon:

thanks man yup u have it now :rockon:

external wastegate kit is more expensive but worth it down the line also the external wastegate controls boost better at high boost if ya go forged etc in the future:)

yup you can run .7 bar on td04 no problems till ya get it to a rolling road would be quick aswell probly 170bhp id say :)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
ive seen pistons blown from lads thinking that jam ,blitz ecu runs tdo4s at a bar ,,wouldnt bother with them .ive rebuilt 3 eingines from these ecus from lads running 1 bar on tdo4s :)