Wiring in an alarm, starlet loom diagram?

goldenvtr

Member +
anyone got the loom diagram for the starlet? this is what i have for my alarm but im presuming before i rip my dash apart i need to know what wires are what? or do the colours match?

Alarm.jpg

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
lol yea i know well im going to rip my dash apart now try and figuer it out:p gotta take the old alarm out too so that may help

sx_turbo

Lifer
u need a multi meter.

i dont think there is any diagrams as i tried find them.

also for the central locking use the switch on the drivers door card.

GTti

Member +
Follow IG2 / ON out of the ignition barrel the immobilizer should be connect to that part.

The actual alarm and sensors are very easy to take out. You should have one main loom going to the alarm thats in the engine near bulk head - most probably originate from near the fuse box under steering column where power sources are plentyfull.

Just make sure you trace everything properly, it helps allot if seats are out and carpet is pulled back. Remove glove box too.

As for installing, pff - no idea. You really need the wiring diragram for the starlet.

goldenvtr

Member +
ok ive just removed the old alarm in the whole of 15mins and im very pleased to say all wires still in tact! all i need to know now is which wires are the ACC, starter 12v and on from the ignition barrel, toyota have made it very simple by numbering the wires coming out the barrel into the 1st connector block (this is where my old alarm was spliced into) if i had the manual for the old alarm i would be able to tell from that, but i dont, so what i need it the ignitial barrel wiring diagram please :D

Ill go take a pic and upload it now to show what im on about.

ive sorted the central locking as ive seen where the old alarm was wired into, same goes for the indicators.

sx_turbo

Lifer
right get you multimeter out dan.

and see which one is permanent live, which comes on when key turned to ig1, and which comes on when key is turned to ig 2, etc etc

goldenvtr

Member +
rite, looks like im going to take a jog up to my grandads to get the multimeter lol cheers ricky, cant really be arsed to jog 2miles but ahwell

goldenvtr

Member +
Right i got the barsterd thing working finnaly! only problem is now, the bloody thing wont turn off after the key is removed!!!

all i need is a wire that has 0 voltage when the key is in and 12volts when its removed. is there such a wire? if so where? at the moment ive wired in a seperate swicth from the battery to turn the car off lol

its not the alarm the actualy engione wont turn off, i need a 12v to swicth on the impbilizer when the key is removed, this cuts the engine too

Hi sounds like your in a right pickle ! You wont find anything that goes to 12v when the key is out,you must have connected something wrong somewhere or have a faulty unit. What make is the alarm your trying to fit ?