WTB Bonnet Lock Cable

Djaniero

Member +
As above lads, does anyone know where I can buy a bonnet lock cable from, preferably brand new?
My current one has stretched on my Gt. I had a look online, but could only find a yaris one. Unsure whether or not that one would fit?
Thanks

Djaniero

Member +
Lol @ hero. I didn't wonna chance gettin used incase it was stretched like mine. But needs must. They're getting on now aren't they.
@Jay do you have any man?

Jay

Admin
Yep. Last one in stock I think..

From a broken 1994 GT and in working condition.

£20 posted.

20190721_190848-1209x1612.jpg

Djaniero

Member +
Awesome. I'll take it please Jay. Paypal payment cool as usual?
Also, please could you give me some pointers of how to remove the old one?Looks like it's going to be a bit of a nightmare.

Jay

Admin
Yep, usual paypal address mate.

Unclip in cabin handle and un clip in engine bay. Feed it out (might need DSF wheel arch liner removed for access) and feed the new one in.

Unclipping it with the bonnet closed might be an ask though. If you can get your hand to it that's half the battle. You could manually lever the latch open using long needle nose pliers. Just look for the ball at the end of the cable and aim to pull the bit that attaches to. Once that is released you could open the bonnet as normal.

Djaniero

Member +
Cheers Jay. Managed to get it open. Removed the lever under the dash, unclipped the cable and just gave it a yank to open it.Guessing it's stretched as once you connect the cable back to the lever it's just super slack and doesn't open the bonnet. Will PayPal you over the cash now :)

SKINY

Lifer
Changed a flat tyre last weekend and moved it out the yard to put a marquee up for the Daughters 18th lol
Still few bits for MOT to gather then be stuck into it, but I'm not rushing actually cba with it now :eek:can sit there a while yet

Djaniero

Member +
lol I don't blame you mate. You lose momentum with these money pits at times. Mine was due to go in for new fmic and remap...but now I'm thinking whether or not I should hang fire and collect parts for a 5E Build first:rolleyes: