Bleeding the system

Lee C

Member +
Bleeding the cooling system

Can anyone tell me the best way to bleed up my starlet, on my old car it was with 3 bleed nipples but i cant see any on this car.

Anyone able to give me any tips or advice?

Thanks
Lee

Last edited:

thechomper

Member +
there is a plug at the bottom of the rad ,turn this till the water-coolent pours out and system is empty,when filling back up make sure you have heaters turned to hot and on full blast,hope this helps

benGT

Member +
just run the car on idle with heaters on full blast and the rad cap off until bubbles stop appearing in the top of the rad.....no bleed nipples on a 4EFTE.

benGT

Member +
i'm going to be doing mine soon seed, i've got braided lines to fit....
I'm sure there was a post about it somewhere. I've never done it but it's fairly straightforward from what I recall....

GTti

Member +
talking about bleeding....anyone knows how to bleed the brake? cheers

Start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder, (Ensure you have enough fluid in the master cylinder to avoid pushing air into the system). Pump the pedal 10 times, losen the bleed nipple on the caliper and attach a clear bleed hose so you can see the fluid. Keep pumping untill the fluid is clear with no bubbles - then tighten the nipple whilst the foot is pressed on the pedal.

Repeat for each caliper working closer to the master cylinder, not forgetting to top it up.

It's a two person job.