blitz dump valve not working

davidgt

Member +
wel lads my blitz dump valve stoped working a while ago all i hear now is the wastegate.?but if i rev the car under the bonnet on stand still the dump valve works.??
any info well help...cheers

corofin12345

Member +
the noise your hearing isnt the wastegate,, its the excess compressed air coming back through the turbo and the blades is chopping up the air.. thats the noise.. is the vac line on the dumpvalve connected propperly?? if it is, take apart the dumpvalve and clean it out with wd40.. the piston could be sticking

you mean all your hearing is flutter ie compressor surge because its not opening?

i assume is the SS type with the big trumpet on the front? if so those don't have a diapham or anything to break its just a spring and brass piston. I found in the past sometimes they get all sticky and won't vent

it all comes apart with a big C clip on the bottom. undo that with some special pliers and the piston will come out. when i fixed mine i put it on a polishing machine and got it mirror finish. cleaned out the bottom with some fine spirits and a bit of light wet and dry. greesed it all back up and rebuilt it. works perfectly now.

hope that helps :)

Tim :)

davidgt

Member +
thanks lads,i take it apart and clean it,cause it was working perfect and i havent changed any pipes seens,
i fitted a blitz access ecu and a ct9 turbo technics hybrid the other day am just wondering wil that damage the turbo if
the dump valve isnt working.?thanks

corofin12345

Member +
alot of people run without dumpvalve with no problems at all but i wouldnt do it on bigger turbo's with higher boost.. make sure you give the piston and cylinder a good clean..