Auto glanza

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
I want to do up my glanza and its auto (i just prefer autos). How much power can the auto trans take? i wont be launching the car or anything but want to know how much power it can take so it doesnt crap itself when im boosting down the motorway. thanks.

Deano

Banned
I own an auto Glanza myself mate I would say about 200 hp on the auto g/box i'm slowly doing mine up getting me a bov and a boost gauge and a boost controller then the rest will follow rx7 top mount etc

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
i was wanting around 200hp lol. all i have at the moment is a blitz supersound BOV, a boost gauge, decat and a pod filter. i derestricted the boost in 1st and 2nd gear aswell. it'll take me a while to do mine up, im still at uni lol.

Kelly

Member +
i have an auto gt performance wise is 11psi boost filter and plugs etc it ran a 16.3 at pod :( the only thing stopping me modding it more is im worried about the box. We have two gts and the auto one is the daily car so im tryin be sensible!
If the box goes my cars a write off :-s
i just think it would be amazing to have a fast auto coz off there line standard there ace!

Deano

Banned
I saw that vid on youtube Kelz what mods are you running? Check Jays car out Basketti he is the king of autos lol his gt has a big 1.3 Automatic sign on the back too lol

Kelly

Member +
I saw that vid on youtube Kelz what mods are you running? Check Jays car out Basketti he is the king of autos lol his gt has a big 1.3 Automatic sign on the back too lol

my mods performance wise is 11psi boost, apexi air filter and iridium plugs. everything else is cosmetic and handling.
Yeh ive seen Jays car!

Deano

Banned
I'm modifying mine soon going to turn the boost up to 12 psi below fuel cut and then get me a fcd just to be on the safe side gotta get me a boost gauge and a supersonic bov that is going to be loud as lol I love how in the autos you can lift your foot off the throttle and hear the stock bov thanks to the apexi pod filter

Kelly

Member +
id like to mod further but i didnt wanna be sticking an fcd on without uprated fuelling and i didnt wanna uprate the fuelling as the auto is thirsty enough as it is!
my boost is set below boost cut which on mine was 11psi any higher and it was hitting.
I have a turbosmart bov but normal road driving all you can hear is turbo chatter since putting the air filter on.

Kelly

Member +
dont know it was hitting boost cut or fuel cut and we wound the actuator down to 11psi. never had a problem since.
Ive hit fuel cut in my old gt before and it felt nowhere near as harsh as that.

Kelly

Member +
Was the cars power way different to being set on standard boost at 0.65 bar 10 psi?

yeh deffo.
my car use only boost to 8psi (on my gauge) standard! maybe my gauge is reading wrong??
it was 8psi standard, and now 11psi.

Kelly

Member +
dont know what my 0-60time is! sorry.

Well i was going to put a rrfpr on with my fcd so should be fine. Just use the search putting about fcd lots of discussions in past about it.

Deano

Banned
I'm hoping to have New Zealands fastest auto glanza a few glanzas around not as many as there used to be but the few I see around are stock standard no point of keeping them stock if you got a turbocharged car I gotta get me a front spoiler coz i'm jealous of some people with the optional front spoiler lol

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
I seen a few done up 1's, dont know how modified they are but they manual. yea i'll give jay a pm and see what he says. I just want to make a list of the mods i need so i know where im going, and dont buy something i wont use for long.