Shmokein!!!

Petey

Member +
Think that the turbo oil seals may have given up.... at first i thought that the addition of my oil catch tank was causing my smoke, but since removing the catch tank, and refitting the breather filter, im still smokein!
i think it may be the turbo oil seals, and its deffinately smoke caused by oil!

Anybody got any ideas or suggestions??

Dave.

Member +
PCV valve mate, i had VERY similar problems with my old GT and it was fixed with a new PCV valve and grommet, a quick search will uncover the part numbers.

Its not an uncommon problem :) and its a VERY quick fix once u have the bits - its (supposed) to be a one way valve that releases crankcase pressure, google it for more info :)

Dave

Petey

Member +
superb mate, il give it a shot, and see what i can find!!

atleast thats a cheaper option than a new turbo!! lol

i'l give it a shot, and let you know how i get on!!

Cheers dude

Dave.

Member +
no bother mate :)

I was worried about it - and even Toyota diagnosed it as a Turbo (and just by chance) i replaced the PCV valve (i could here it whistling so i guessed it was broken) and it cured it :)

I used to get a puff of blue after i'd idling for a while, and a LOT of white smoke on idle, and insane amounts (like a turbo gone) if i revved it while idle, and for a little bit after idling (unless i booted it and burnt it all up)...

Hopefully it'll fix it for you mate, just so you know, its directly underneath the TMIC and goes from the rocker cover to the inlet manifold

Petey

Member +
yeah man, ive had a nose where it is!
cheers very much!!

just out of intrest, i dont suppose you know where i can get one from??

those symptoms you've just described match identically what trouble im haveing at the mo!!