***Group buy 3g Big Brake Kit***

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
***Group buy 3g Big Brake Kit***

3g Big Brake Kits

I will soon have available 3g Big Brake kits.

They are developing this kit with me and I am paying for the R&D costs so these will only be available through me

Prices
They will be Wilwood 4pot calipers, 285mm X 24mm 2 piece discs, pads,braided lines, all brackets , a complete kit. These will fit under most 15" wheels

The price on 5 kits will be £750
Over 10 and the price will be £700
300mm kits £800 and £750 over 10

Retail will be £850(285mm)

These are very high quality kits and will be an excellent upgrade.

For the small to medium weight road cars a Billet 4 Conversion is the ideal kit, with disc sizes ranging from Ø280mm up to Ø325mm giving increased leverage, higher rotation speed of the disc relative to the pad and more surface area to assist with heat dissipation when compared with standard setups.

The Billet 4 Conversion includes:
2 x Billet 4 Calipers
Black

2 x Rotors

2 x Aluminium Bells

Blue, black, other colours at extra cost
1 x Bracket Set
1 x Hardware Pack

26606_blue_kit2.jpg

3617814056.jpg

Serious enquiries only please guys

Originally posted by daveburwash
As you know we have been at 3g today having a trial for of the brake kit. All went extremely well with only a few minor mods to be done:)

Here are a few pics for you to ponder, don't forget this is NOT a finished kit, this was just hurried together to check the fit

Original

orig.jpg

New

wil4.jpg

wil5.jpg

wil6.jpg

wil8.jpg

wil9.jpg

Calipers

wil2.jpg

wil6.jpg

wil3.jpg

Changing the pads on these are an absolute doddle. Just lift up and remove the spring clip and pull the pads out, all done in situ:cool:

All dimensions of clearances will be posted soon. They cleared our Gram lights with about 3mm clearance and these are some of the closest fitting wheels I have seen

Originally posted by Starlet_GTTurbo_Bristol
Hi Dave,

As i promised i just wiped my wheel off and took a measurement. To anyone who was confused here is a pic to clear things up. My measurement is 55mm Dave please add to the Brake profile if we can call it that.

IMG_1159.jpg

3gnew2.jpg

Last few to pay so we can get these moving

STATUS
At the anodisers

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Dave any idea how long ? Is this just waiting anodising then it wil be sent in the post ? Its just that i am tired of brake fade atm lol.

bullet

Member +
sorry to keep pestering dave but really need a date on these as im finding it very hard getting around without a car at the moment. please let me know as soon as you know, cheers
bullet

Right there is a slight hold up on the anodising as they are moving premises. If anyone needs 10gr discs and Xtreme pads as a stop gap Kev will sell to you at a loss. Let me know

Unfortunately this is out of mine and Kevs hands, but i will try to get another update tomorrow. On the other hand I don't see many people investing their own money in r&d for something like this!. If you would rather the kits go out unfinished fine or I will gladly refund anyones money to stop the complaining. Fair enough??

steo800

Member +
Unfortunately this is out of mine and Kevs hands, but i will try to get another update tomorrow. On the other hand I don't see many people investing their own money in r&d for something like this!. If you would rather the kits go out unfinished fine or I will gladly refund anyones money to stop the complaining. Fair enough??

im not moaning here, but if someone is complaining i do understand their concerns.

in fairness, on the 30th of april you said the kits would be finished in 8 weeks.

so going by the calender, the kits are 9 weeks overdue.

if it was a week or 2 fair enough, but 9 weeks:homer:

fair play to you sorting a kit out for the starlets, ill be fully greatfull when i stamp on the brakes at 100mph coming into a hairpin lap after lap. and im sure you'll be rewarded in the long run as their is 17 of us buying the kit from you.

Rory

Lifer
Not so good, but hey we cant help that the company moves premises.
Personally i would have liked them earlier, but as above, ah well

im not moaning here, but if someone is complaining i do understand their concerns.

in fairness, on the 30th of april you said the kits would be finished in 8 weeks.

so going by the calender, the kits are 9 weeks overdue.

if it was a week or 2 fair enough, but 9 weeks:homer:

fair play to you sorting a kit out for the starlets, ill be fully greatfull when i stamp on the brakes at 100mph coming into a hairpin lap after lap. and im sure you'll be rewarded in the long run as their is 17 of us buying the kit from you.

That was for the original kits that were discarded in favour of these. these should have been ready at the beginning of August so are still overdue I know.

I am doing my best lads

bullet

Member +
i am very grateful to you for doing these kits dont get me wrong but im sure you understand how frustarting it is to have a car sitting on the drive that you cant drive.

Yes I do mate, it is frustrating for me as well. Kevin and I are doing our best to get these finished ASAP. We can offer some discs and pads at a very reduced rate as a stop gap if this would help

bullet

Member +
ive got no money now though, i spent the last of my available money on these brakes thinking they would have been ready before my originals were unusable anymore. but that is a good idea, a date for these brakes would be nice though

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i will defo be intrested in these brake kits in the future but i knew something to do with r+d will take a while especially to get perfect. but when there around and on the shelf i will defo purchase :() best brakes imo