Got This E-mail

Got this via e-mail.

What you think?

Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into "fines, their payment methods, and how points are automatically added against drivers licences" we discovered something very interesting "If You Get a Speeding Fine." This has been tried and it works. I tried to send this to everyone I know. I know that for a fact is works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this
procedure works nation-wide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your license.

This is how it works:
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, 40, then make
the cheque out for 41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!!
Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque, then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has got its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.
Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members as well!!!

Sounds good but you usually have to send your licence away along with the fine at teh same time so why wouldnt they just add the points and send you a cheque back with what tehy owe you?? Your fault if you dont take the difference refund??

Sounds good but say you post your licence and fine to your local office, why wouldnt they just send your licence off to DVLA to add points and cash your cheque and send you the difference back??

Trying to say that they cash your £41 and send you back a clean licence without sending it to DVLA?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well if they already realise it there gonna be fixing it arent they lol so chances are it wont work nemore.. but hey its worth a shot isnt it