MK1 GT around 200HP

Ady

Member +
For sale: 1991 H reg Toyota Starlet GT MK1

Item Condition: Used

Price and price conditions: £2600 ono

Extra Info: 12 Months MOT till July next year. Tax till October this year.

171,000 km = 106,000 miles

It breaks my heart to do this but I am starting university in September and need to sell my beloved to pay for last year’s tuition fees ☹

I have owned and loved this car for 4 years and it has never given me any issues.

It had a full professional respray only about 18 months ago in a MUCH whiter white, polishes to a super shine! The line around the bonnet vent was smoothed over, as this really bugs me on these cars, especially on white. There is a tiny amount of rust on the bottom edge of the rear windscreen rubber but this is the only visible rust on the car. The exhaust system does need looking at, but it has a lifetime guarantee, which covers the lifetime of the car, so any repairs will be free.

Spec list as follows:
*Black alloys with polished rims (lightly curbed)
*Lowered suspension
*Meshed Turbo
*boost guage
*2.5" full stainless exhaust system to a 3” backbox (all with lifetime guarantee)
*Removed cat
*HKS actuator
*HKS FCD
*Magnecore 8mm Leads
*NGK Plugs
*FSE Power boost valve (set up on rollers)
*Front Mounted Intercooler
*Running 15 psi (just over 1 bar)
*manual boost controller
*Hybrid Turbo
*Stainless Manifold
*Exdedy Organic Clutch

I feel like ive forgotten one or two things but the car was tested on the rolling road and achieved 185.9 HP, which was just after the turbo and manifold were fitted, and there was a blow from between the manifold and turbo because of a rubbish gasket. There was also a boost leak because of the cheap jubilee clips that came with the intercooler kit.
Since it was rolled, the blow has been fixed and the boost leak has been fixed, and a manual boost controller has been fitted and the boost upped a little. So I expect the result to be around 200 HP.
It goes very very well and is a nice drive although there are the usual rattles from inside… if that kind of thing bothers you. You can just turn up the music to drown out the rattles with a clarion CD player and alpine speakers on the parcel shelf.

In all, a very very reliable and very quick car, could do with some tlc here and there as expected with a car of this age. I have driven in to Cumbria and back twice (800 mile round trips) without any problems whatsoever.
It definitely has potential if somebody wants to forge the engine I’d love to see it become a monster!

There is a thread with lots of pictures on here somewhere in members cars but the forum section seems to have changed. Search “Ady’s 91 GT” and you may be able to find it

Pictures:
DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

P7270004.jpg

P7270005.jpg

P7270006.jpg

P7270008.jpg

Contact Details: PM me, Reply here with questions. Ring or text 07738762919 i work crazy hours so leave a voicemail if i dont answer and i will get back to you.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pickup. delivery is possible, ask me.

Last edited:

scot-ish

Member +
whats the mileage on this car?? tax and test??

whats needing done on the exhaust?? and is it lifetime guarantee if its taken back to the maker?? where is that??

whats the tread on the tyres like? how many miles is on the clutch??

can you send me some pics of the rust on the back of it?? my email is jamie_loch@hotmail.com

i would like to view this weekend if all is well with questions above, as i will be in southampton sunday till thursday,

cheers

Ady

Member +
whats the mileage on this car?? tax and test??

whats needing done on the exhaust?? and is it lifetime guarantee if its taken back to the maker?? where is that??

whats the tread on the tyres like? how many miles is on the clutch??

can you send me some pics of the rust on the back of it?? my email is jamie_loch@hotmail.com

i would like to view this weekend if all is well with questions above, as i will be in southampton sunday till thursday,

cheers

sorry i forgot the most important parts! Ill edit that!

171000km = 106000 miles
12 months MOT, next July
Tax till October.

Yeah, lifetime guarantee at a place called Ace Developments in new milton (bournemouth/christchurch area) its just it seems a bit of a rush job, there is a blow where the backbox meets the system and where the system meets the downpipe. i just dont have the time or the motivation to look at it or go back to the place!

Rear tyres are very good, but the front ones are due renewal. it passed its mot so they are legal.

Clutch was done last winter so has plenty and plenty of life left in it.

i will post a pic of the rust on here for everybody to see. you can actually see it on the picture above, of the rear of the car. like on the left, there is a tiny bubble right next to the rubber. but ill post a daylight picture tomorrow.

As for the weekend... on saturday it needs to be before 5 and on sunday it needs to be before 3.

scot-ish

Member +
orite cheers mate, would you be willing to have the exhaust fixed before i purchased it, just i live in newcastle, and its not exactly round the corner from me to get it fixed. just i will be down there on the 3rd untill the 6th, so would like to view within them days if possible, and if all is well, i'd be able to leave you a deposit, then if possible you could get teh exhaust fixed, and i would fly down the week after to pick the car up, if that would suit, or if it dont sell before then

cheers

cheers

Ady

Member +
well to be honest i dont have enough time to get it done. its about 25 miles from me and he will probably want it for the day, its just too much hassle for me. it really wouldnt cost much if you took it to an exhaust place they could probably sort it out pretty cheap. just needs new clamps i think.

but you are welcome to come take a look and see what you think. i will be available the 3rd and 4th

scot-ish

Member +
no probs, i'll keep an eye on this thread then, and get your number etc this weekend if its not gone, and come have a looksee, sure we can sort summit with the exhaust

cheers

Ady

Member +
heres a pic of the rust...
P7280009.jpg

I cleaned the inside of it today. The interior carpets are tatty to say the least...
P7280010.jpg

P7280011.jpg

P7280012.jpg

and here are some more pics of the outside... (needs a wash)
P7270002.jpg

P7270003.jpg

Ady

Member +
I will be listing the car on eBay on Tuesday, one week auction. So if you are interested then tell me before then!

Need this car gone!

scot-ish

Member +
ive shown my interest mate,and i will hopefully come view the car tuesdays, i shall be in gosport as from monday, so will get your number etc, and try arrange a viewing for then, and prob fly back down end of that week or start of next to collect it if we can come to some agreements

cheers

Ady

Member +
OK dude, only you and one other person has show interest and i need it gone fairly soon.

No problem I wont list it on eBay until you've seen it :)