best mods for a glanza

Paddy

Lifer
what are the best mods for a glanza/starlet turbo. i want a bit more power but dont want to risk it blowing up. i was thinking ecu? also what is the maximum boost a stock glanza can run with out blowing up. thanks

C

CaL

as akki said...exhaust.....decat......filter.......an actuator is a good idea but if you are going to up boost you will need more modifications like a fuel cut defender(fcd) and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator(rrfpr) and a biggerintercooler maybe...but thats more ££££.....dont go over 11-12 psi with out a fcd as you will just ht fuel cut....*edit* more info given too above hehe

Paddy

Lifer
is it worth modding it. on my old rs125 aprilia there were loads of mods for it but they made hardly any difference at all. in the end i made it sound good and left it at that

C

CaL

yes mate you will feel a difference....if you raise the boost to 11-12 psi and get a filter and exhaust(decat too!)there shall be a difference

Dan3SGTE

Member +
is it worth modding it. on my old rs125 aprilia there were loads of mods for it but they made hardly any difference at all. in the end i made it sound good and left it at that

this is a completely different ball game mate....

when you start plying around with turbo charged motors/boost you feel differences, believe you me....

those mods listed above by cal/glanzaV are nice, fairly cheap mods that will gain a nice power increase from stock...... and your engine can cope with them well as there not too harsh **providing your engine in general is in good nick obviously**

ChrisGT

Member +
If you do plan to run higher boost/tinker with the engine make sure you upgrade suspension as well. Mine gets a bit scary when you boot it round corners and the back end feels very skittish and likes to step out. so handling needs rectifying in tandom with power increases.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
If you do plan to run higher boost/tinker with the engine make sure you upgrade suspension as well. Mine gets a bit scary when you boot it round corners and the back end feels very skittish and likes to step out. so handling needs rectifying in tandom with power increases.

sound advice there :cool:

first mod i would recommend would be a HKS Actuator. then a decent panel filter

Paddy

Lifer
what is the standard boost psi for a glanza and what is the most i can run with straight through exhaust, filter and hks actuator

GlanzaV1.3

Member +
So how does the actuator work, is it manually changed? i still havent got my head around how they work lol, such a noob

keirz

Member +
the actuator is manually adjusted on the actuator its self, by twisting a nut and lenghtning or shortening the actuators arm length.