Help! Car won't start

sdutton007

Member +
Since last night my EP82 won't start when I turn the key - there is a loud click from the relay and the normal buzzing noise from the fuel pump and another that sounds like it comes from behind the engine (possibly the starter motor).

The battery is charged and the starter motor does not sound like it is jammed or anything, and when I bump start it, it goes perfectly.

What could be causing this? (Hope its not the starter motor - how am I going to find a starter motor for the optional LSD box :confused:)

Cheers

goldenvtr

Member +
starters are the same for lsd box mate, sounds like a dead battery to me or starter...

have you used jump leads to start the car? that will iliminate the battrys leaving you to belive its the starter

sdutton007

Member +
starters are the same for lsd box mate, sounds like a dead battery to me or starter...

have you used jump leads to start the car? that will iliminate the battrys leaving you to belive its the starter

My starter motor is slightly different design for the LSD box - both my standard ones are bare metal, and the LSD one is black with a different part number and a slightly different design.

I have checked the battery on a multimeter, and the headlights don't even dim when I try to start it - leaving me to believe the starter motor has fried completely or there is a problem with the relay.

I'll have a look tomorrow in the light at the starter motor...

Thanks m8

goldenvtr

Member +
try running a direct power source to the starter, if it cranks ok its the relay if not then its pretty obvias really.

im going bed now long long stresful day lol

sdutton007

Member +
try running a direct power source to the starter, if it cranks ok its the relay if not then its pretty obvias really.

im going bed now long long stresful day lol

i'll give it a try think i've got some 4gauge wire lying about...

tell me about it waaaaaaaayyyy 2 stressful

cheers

quadcorecraig

Member +
may sound bit daft

but get under it locate where your engine loom runs through see if the rubber bung has come away (running mod pipes through?) and has rubed away abit of the wire causing it to earth out

are any fuses blowing?

check the fuses becasue this sounds like what was happening to mine