rrfpr fuel pressure?

Ady

Member +
just wondering,

all you guys with an rrfpr, what fuel pressure do you have it set at??

i asked this on the old forum not so long ago but im trying to figure out what needs to be done.

stuart

Member +
Best off taking it to a RR? Get them to set it up?

Someone more knowledgable with answer soon ! lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
to many variables to consider mate you cant just set it at a certain pressure, to get the car running set it at 3bar then take it to a tuner and get it set up properly.

Ady

Member +
yes ive had an rx7 cooler for over a year now

i think it should cope with 15psi, if not then i will have to go front mount

TurboDave

Member +
The rx7 intercooler will cool the charge enough at 1 bar.

If I were you and going by my fuel pressure on my previous setup, idd set it to around 3.2 bar with the vacuum off. I know every car is different etc but idd set it at that until you can get it on the rollers to have the afr checked properly but with a rrfpr your never going to get a good afr curve anyway but they do the job of keeping it rich rather than lean.

Spoonz

Member +
i set mine at 2.7 bar untill it got to tuner, u dont really need to rolling road it unless your mapping a uprated ecu, all my tuner done was set a wideband onit set the boost to what i wanted then adjusted the fueling correctly, oviously wen u add more mods then rr is best option.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i set mine at 2.7 bar untill it got to tuner, u dont really need to rolling road it unless your mapping a uprated ecu, all my tuner done was set a wideband onit set the boost to what i wanted then adjusted the fueling correctly, oviously wen u add more mods then rr is best option.

surley thats the same as tuning it

GTti

Member +
Does anyone actually know what the stanard AFR roughly is on WOT? You're aiming to keep this or less to keep temeratures down.

The simple solution is to run enough fuel pressure to ensure that on WOT a safe AFR is reached. This downside is running needlessly rich through in most other scenarios, it's crude but you certainly don't need a rolling road!

Buy a wideband and set it up yourself, I would suggest you're aiming for around 11:1. Other people will have a better idea of what this value should be (I'd hope)

Spoonz

Member +
Does anyone actually know what the stanard AFR roughly is on WOT? You're aiming to keep this or less to keep temeratures down.

The simple solution is to run enough fuel pressure to ensure that on WOT a safe AFR is reached. This downside is running needlessly rich through in most other scenarios, it's crude but you certainly don't need a rolling road!

Buy a wideband and set it up yourself, I would suggest you're aiming for around 11:1. Other people will have a better idea of what this value should be.

I was thinking about doing it like this but have no wideband,
But thats basically what the turner is doing