site suggestion

Kev

Member +
Hi peeps, I'm In :D

I know the forum is in it's pre-testing / early days, but I preferred the layout with regards to the threads / posts with the user info on the left hand side and not straight across the screen......if you get what I mean?

I just think it makes it look a bit cluttered and when the picture sigs kick in, it will look even more busy. You almost have to look for the text of each post made...

Forums without picture sigs look cleaner and crisper as well imo, but I guess they'll remain here? It's just threads are full of signatures and if the same person posts more then once you just get the images repeated...

Just a suggestion

thanks
Kev

Jay

Admin
I'm taking a while to get used to it too mate, I don't see any settings to change in the admin controls so I guess we're stuck with it!

Kev

Member +
It can be changed through the forum design, I just think once everyone is here with image signatures, avatars etc etc, the threads are going to look very cluttered and busy and the text of someones post will just get lost.

Anyway with the new forum software, lots of things are possible and this forum can become far more advanced then the old TGTT one, we use the same software on the MSC, our forum is here http://www.micra.org.uk/forums.php

We don't use image signatures and have the user information stored on the left and I think personally our forum is very easy to read and navigate.

Kev

azerty

Supermoderator
I do agrea with kev on this one.
users' info and avatar are better stored on the left of comments. it makes threads much easier to read.

signatures can be disabled in your control panel, so it's not as big isue. I will probably disable them on my side when this board is launched for same reasons you have mentioned

Last edited:

Macker

Lifer
just set it now.. i think its manky looking.. i much prefer the other way with the avatar on top.. it gives more of the page to the comments and pictures being posted while just leaving the other info on top of the post...

comments?

azerty

Supermoderator
I like it better Mack,

in most case, it does optimise page length and readability better than when avatar is on top. (exept when you have very long text, but that is not that often)

C

CaL

tbh i dont mind really lol....never bothered me....ok yes i am used to teh lhs advtar but its easy to get used to...,;)

gv1.3

Admin
Im liking it this way too.... feels like old skool tgtt.... ps watching team america... FUCK YEAH!

gv1.3

Admin
haha just remembered where the first time I watched this was haha... whilst feeding your hamster fried rice LOL

jamesbaa

Member +
i's there anyway off having the members joined date in the profile, i think its in some ways better than having the members post count!!

C

CaL

the date of membership would be good as would member of the day....:)

good ideas guys:)