iv been pondering on this for a while!

Gilly2006

Member +
right well most people who come on here often know that i own a mini. and the thought of going down the vtec route has rly aroused me lol!
anyway i would also like to do an n/a starlet up. but i don't know what to do.
just thought id share this opinion and get abit of feedback!
Ta.

steveep82

Member +
A vtec mini would be awesome in my book, the little cars rule, my old 1 litre a series studio 2 is still my favourite car ive ever owned, even though it was allllways going wrong!

Gilly2006

Member +
steve: yeh it would be gud! they sound out of this world and they go like the clappers, i miss mine even now sat in the garage. and yeh i still like it even tho everything on it hasn't gone tickity boo.

Gilly2006

Member +
yeh i have seen them, they do sound nice. i think id beat quite abit on the strip providing a had the traction and practice on my launching. im very tempted.

Monkfish

Member +
13 inch wheels are FAIL on a Mini, they spoil the handling even if the do look cool as tits.

As for the VTEC route, it has been done so many times you can now buy the subframe, shafts and hubs suited for the b16a/b16b and make it a near enough a drop in job. 185bhp b16b and a 700kilo car makes for brown pants and a big grin.

*Considers binning the idea of a Clio 172 in favour of a Mini*

Gee

Member +
I'd go for the VTEC mini.

NA Starlet no worth it, unless you are going to drop a 4EFTE in it.

Monkfish

Member +
I'd go for the VTEC mini.

NA Starlet no worth it, unless you are going to drop a 4EFTE in it.

Exactly

If you're going to potch about with the 4E, you may as well fit the turbo. Besides, the A series can be tuned to 110bhp relatively easily. Go VTEC. It's been done hundreds of times before as as I said before, you can get bolt in kits now, plus the VTEC lump is bombproof if you service it properly.

Check www.MiniSport.co.uk ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
round where i live, a guy had a 1.8 teg type r in his mini, he then turbo'd it, and he just couldnt put the power down.

he has now crashed it lol

Last edited:

Gilly2006

Member +
round where i live, a guy had a 1.8 teg type r in his mini, he then turbo'd it, and he just couldnt put the power down.

he has no crashed it lol

that would be unreal power if he got grip. thats too much power for the front tho. id put it in the back if i was gona do that!