Dont buy clutchs off of ebay

Kelly

Member +
TBH when i'm buying from ebay i expect even the items described as "genuine" to be fakes! from big things like clutches to lil things like rad caps!

GTti

Member +
Well it's not hard to tell, you get an exedy box and the clutch has exedy written into it with the right part number which you can check on their website.

If the item wasn't as described you file a claim via ebay / paypal and get your money back, so it's your own fault for not paying any attention really.

Elaine

Lifer
I got my clutch of ebay along with a few mates of mine and non of us have had any problems... I am not a fan of ebay think its leaves it self to open but the chap I used was really good and he is still helpful now with other mates that are looking for clutches

thechomper

Member +
NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]
Like I said it has been known for the springs to work loose with genuine clutches.

to come lose after 8 weeks is a joke ,if you ask me,its not the clutch ,its the labour thats the killer on the pocket

Elaine

Lifer
Just out of intrest how much are you chaps paying to have your clutches fitted??

I thought it was relly cheap when I had mind done

Timmy

Member +
Don't be silly claiming fake clutches. The fact is only very few companies have the machinery and knowledge to make clutches. So you won't ever find a fake. Tho someone may sell it as something it is not.

lanxter

Member +
mines a techniclutch one suppose to be geniuin but slips ever since ive had it pretty much, extreamly loud like the release bearing is fucked as well.

GTti

Member +
I had a disastrous couple of runs up the quarter mile today...my clutch just aint up to the job.

Im on the look out for another clutch.

You recon this Exedy Paddle clutch is a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-STARLE...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Exedy clutches will have the Daikin or exedy logo etched in - they're the same company.

daikin-logo_1_.png

If it has that and no exedy logo, it's still genuine.

weakboy2

Member +
yeah, the proper organic high clamping load clutch kit costs around £300 as a rule so if your paying less its more than likely a standard disc with maybe a slightly better cover, not the organic material disc with a high clamping load clutch cover