TD04 conversion - How much £'s you reckon

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
1500g more or less.

Don't agree at all... about 400 quid can get a 2nd hand td04 kit, fcd and for. I understand people can also go down the piggyback/standalone ECU route and an expensive Mani/decat setup, but it isn't NEEDED. I've ran 220bhp at 1 bar with a fcd setup on 2 starlets no problem.

Crazy_eyes

Member +
thanks

Thanks for the replys, im gonna read a bit and draw a shoping list up, I'll be using second hand parts (due to fianances) and be grabing the parts as the come up.

cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
The biggest expense is the ecu side of things. The hardware to run a td04 isn't that expensive

Arnold

Lifer
I paid about £1500 for the Tuning Developments kit, plus quite a lot more more for fitting and mapping my EMU, custom water lines for the wastegate and various other bits. Might be pricey compared to other options but I know the jobs been done to as highest standard possible, and not bodged with FCD's etc.

weeJohn

Lifer
Decide where you are going with it, if you have plans for a forged engine in the future, or even now if you want good boost control, best to go with an external wastegate set up.