Manual Conversion Problems Help!

steve-gers

Member +
I have encountered a few problems while doing a manual conversion on my 1995 GT. If anyone can answer or help out with any of the following questions then I would be very grateful.

Question 1 - How do you get the gear linkages through the bulkhead, the hole is way to small and twisted and there seems to be a triple skin into the cabin?

Question 2 - What holds the selector cables onto the box to let them push the arms in and out? I am missing these off my box I have put a wanted thread up but pictures of these brackets would help too.

Question 3
- Not really a problem but now that the manual box is all bolted up I turned the crank in gear to feel that the outputs were turning on the box and when I felt them there both turning the same way. Does this mean I have an LSD or does it have anything to do with the shafts not being in? Would be good as both the guy I bought it off and myself had no idea it had an LSD.

Texx

Super Moderator
Question 3 - Not really a problem but now that the manual box is all bolted up I turned the crank in gear to feel that the outputs were turning on the box and when I felt them there both turning the same way.

Does this mean I have an LSD

No it doesn't.

or does it have anything to do with the shafts not being in?

You'll need both shafts installed before you can check whether you have a LSD or not.

Texx

Super Moderator
There'll be no biased resistance between the pinion gears in the diff, so yes both 'outputs' will turn in the same direction as the diff carrier.

steve-gers

Member +
Apparently when looking through where the shafts go in if there is a "spider gear" then it is an open diff and if there isn't then it's a limited slip diff. Is that right or wrong?

17.jpg