Head gasket help please

TorbayGlanza

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys i have just brought another Glanza 3rd one now but i do need some help on this one.

Not sure if i should post this some where else but i pick it up tomorrow with suspected head gasket its running TD04 E Manage blue with forged engine i don't know what to head gasket to buy please help

Do i buy 1.2mm 1.4mm 1.9mm? i am looking to run more boost to once i get some bigger injectors.

they lower the compression more for bigger boost but will be sluggish off boost, with low compression pistons and td04/td05 id use a 1.2mm gasket as compression will be low enough imo

x2 just go for the 1.2mm one as with a tdo4 it wont be crazy boost and will be smooth off boost and on, or better still, ask the seller which HG is on it atm and then just buy the same one unless its a cheap shitty one

TorbayGlanza

Fresh Recruit
This is all the info on the advert.

1996 Glanza in white
TD04 Turbo
ToyoSport Manifold
Cusco forged internals
HKS silent hi-power exhaust
blitz SUS induction
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Autobahn 88 FMIC
Baileys BOV
GReddy Piggybank ECU (RE-MAPPED)
Apexi RSM
Exedy Stage 2 Cerametalic Paddle Clutch
Magnicor Leads
Civic Radiator
Clear Cambelt Cover
15'' White Rota Grids
6000k HID's
HKS Boost Gauge
Plasma Dials
OEM 3 Point Rear Strut Brace
D2 Coilovers
Momo Steering Wheel
De-Locked doors with keyless entry
Clifford Alarm
Optional Arm Rest..

Half that spec is completely irrelevant to the engine spec. What we want to know is engine spec not what hids its got! But by the sounds of it your engine is stock as cusco don't make forge internals for starlets! Only option is to take off the sump and have a look at the rods and off the head to look at pistons. Head will also need a skim and the block checked for a new hg

they lower the compression more for bigger boost but will be sluggish off boost,

ul never see any difference in spool times due to the gasket thickness
id go for the thickest one u can i ran a 2mm cruise gasket on my std engine and on my forged 4e and it never missed a beat and the spool times where not any different !

then i got a forged 5e with a trd 0.6mm gasket but it ran the bottom end
when i rebuilt it i used a 1.2mm gasket and the spool times were exactly the same

cusco forget internals ???? they dont dont make pistons and rods !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TorbayGlanza

Fresh Recruit
I just picked it up going to take head off tomorrow the guy I got it from didn't really know what he was on about and there no receipts for pistons but will see tomorrow I suppose.

TorbayGlanza

Fresh Recruit
222979BF-49A2-405E-96E7-7FB8F8023082-1307-000000AEB4810401.jpg

973E2309-3D08-46EE-9955-FCE1B35B64EB-1307-000000AEB09CC0DD.jpg

DD102F89-C3A1-42BA-9DD8-1969E3C1EBE4-1307-000000AEB9375CC2.jpg

wildchild

Member +
btw can u ask ur seller from where he got the clear cam belt cover? :D
can u post a pic of it and the engine bay? would like to see it.

TorbayGlanza

Fresh Recruit