4E-FTE...In a Charade?

gotboost?

Fresh Recruit
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself...
My name's Lukas and I'm from Australia (don't hurt me!)

I'm currently gathering all the bits and pieces to allow me to fit the 4E-FTE into my 1996 Daihatsu Charade.

I've already ordered the front cut and I'm awaiting delivery. Also bought a new intercooler (front mount), fuel pump and stainless dump pipe. I'm also looking at a stainless manifold at the moment but I might leave it until the conversion is finished.
I'm also going to see whether I can manage to do a front end conversion on the Charade so that I can have the Starlet front end... Should be interesting.

Anyways, I look forward to sharing my experience with you all.

Thanks,
Lukas

Jay

Admin
It's all very similar when you park both next to each other and open the bonnets. Should be a good project so good luck and keep us posted. :)

Trevor

Member +
Charade Conversion

There have been quite a few of these conversions done and are not a difficult conversion.I'd leave the Charade bodywork alone.

GTti

Member +
Hello ;)

I'm pretty sure the G200 shell is identical to the EP82, there have been quite a few conversions to the G100 but I'm not sure I've seen many to the G200.

Good luck anyway!

Last edited:

gotboost?

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the support! I'll keep you all posted with progress shots.

I've got a bit of a dilemma though... I've found a REALLY cheap EP82 for sale but I've bought all the bits to do the Charade...
And I REALLY WANT the EP82. Only problem is trying to sell off the Charade and all the gear.
Then again, the Charade is lighter...

HELP ME!

gotboost?

Fresh Recruit
Ok, well it turns out that the guy is gonna hold the Starlet for me for a while until I put the funds together. So, it looks like I'll have a shitload of EP82 parts to sell! The car is coming with HEAPS of spares...

In the meantime, I'll keep going with my conversion. So far, anything connected to the engine such as radiator, loom, etc has been removed. This Sunday will be the actual removal of the engine and possibly sitting the 4E-FTE in the Charade to line up all the mounts.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Ah so progess has started, nice 1 Lukas. Get a thread about the project started in the members car section and get some pics up mate!