A few TD04 questions???

Breno58

Member +
Well i am seriously considering going TD04 or similar on my glanza and just have a few quick question for people who have already done it.

1 - Would a standard clutch handle that much power? If not then whats the best clutch to go for? Exedy paddle clutch?
2 - Do i need to use a subaru turbo or will a TD04 from a mitsubishi work also? I could get one from a 1.8 gsr lancer handier than a subaru one.
3 - I'll be getting it mapped at around 1 bar on an emanage blue but wont be going forged so is there any VF turbos similar to a TD04 that would work as well?
4 - Or could i use a TD05 if i was to map it on the emanage at 1 bar or will it need to be forged for that?

Cheers :)

AdamB

Member +
1. No, uprate the clutch to whatever you like, exedy is ok but has had its problems before.
2. Depends on the manifold flange, the subaru and mitsi TD turbo's have different flanges.
3. Will be fine on an EMB, VF24 is similar to a td04 I believe.
4. Td05 will be pointless, too much lag and not enough go as will only be running small amounts of boost.

AdamB

Member +
This is the clutch i had in mind http://www.camskill.co.uk/m19b0s130...ddle_Clutch_Kit_-_Starlet_Turbo_EP82_and_EP91

And this is the TD04 kit ill be getting http://www.ebay.ie/itm/110658529614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm sure i could source a VF24 easily but would it fit onto that mani do you know?

That clutch will do fine.
Don't waste your money on toyosports shit, it only ends in tears. I have heard the mild steel stuff is "okay" at best, but I would still advise to avoid at all costs. Spend a little more and get a well made kit from a trader.
All td and VF series turbo's share the same flange.

HKS111

Member +
As Adam said above don't waste your time with the toyosports manifold, it's just shit. It will hold 0.5/0.6 bar fine but as soon as u go above that it will crack in no time. Also if u use their gaskets, you'll be changing gaskets every week!!!

Breno58

Member +
Im sure the toyosports kit aint the best but i wouldnt expect them to be at that price tbh but i do plan to get a zisco ram style kit down the line he when funds allow but the toyosports kit will do till then, i wont be using the car as a daily so it wont get too much abuse, ill also get the proper toyota metal gaskets.

I have a brand new standard clutch kit which i was gonna sell to buy an exedy one but if it will handle that power ill just use it.

@Alan - How much for the Vf24?