Any crazy builds going on?

As above or has it all been done to death at this stage? Only two that spring to mind lately are Zisco's and Gee's. Links would be sweet if you know any.

goldenvtr

Member +
Ive gone a bit mental as im aoming for track use only with silly power, but its quite laggy so not sure if ill stick to my new setup

Phil

Super Moderator
I dont know what crazy is these days, the english seem to upgrade everything to 400hp spec and then break their cars before having them mapped.

plenty of fancy engine bays with shiney inlet manifolds and top mounted turbos about now days, many making good power? a handful.

When i think build i think someone taking something they own car and moulding it into something alittle nuts over a series of months/years, (high200s or 350 something in an EP is perfectly mental to me).

but builds now seem to be more and more some fella with a loan buying every part under the sun and taking lots of pictures, before pissing off to buy a ep3 type r.

Anyhow, i think jays hyper revs will qualify as a significant build if he gets the original greddy turbo kit back on there.

Phil

Rob H

Member +
I dont know what crazy is these days, the english seem to upgrade everything to 400hp spec and then break their cars before having them mapped.

plenty of fancy engine bays with shiney inlet manifolds and top mounted turbos about now days, many making good power? a handful.

When i think build i think someone taking something they own car and moulding it into something alittle nuts over a series of months/years, (high200s or 350 something in an EP is perfectly mental to me).

but builds now seem to be more and more some fella with a loan buying every part under the sun and taking lots of pictures, before pissing off to buy a ep3 type r.

Anyhow, i think jays hyper revs will qualify as a significant build if he gets the original greddy turbo kit back on there.

Phil

Im glad I dont fit that category lol my build has lasted 13 years and still going strong!!

Kyle_R

Member +
I'm doing a tdo4 build with a zisco built and forged engine and gunna be aiming for 300bhp but maybe on a td05 instead not sure what I'm gunna get out the td04 yet

Phil

Super Moderator
I'm doing a tdo4 build with a zisco built and forged engine and gunna be aiming for 300bhp but maybe on a td05 instead not sure what I'm gunna get out the td04 yet

sounds super get a build thread up :)

Phil

Kyle_R

Member +
sounds super get a build thread up :)

Phil
will do Phil it's early days ATM as waiting for engine to be collected. But so far parts list is
Wepr stainless Ramhorn with external gate 1.6bar spring (blue)
Td04l off a hawkeye which alleged only had 23k on It turbo is like new condition
Emanage ultimate with 3 bar map sensor
Just received my sard rrfpr today aswell (blue)
*ZISCO blue fuel rail
*ZISCO blue race spec rocker cover

* will get when engines back :p

Last edited:

ep-dylan

Member +
i have mine forged 5e td05 haltech sprint 1000 coils etc :) drag build
chris is mapping her :) :rockon:
goin to start a members garage on here soon to show

Gilly2006

Member +

I completely agree with this, i do not understand why people pay £Thousands, get there GT/Glanza mapped and then within 2000-2500 miles they break the entire car and in some instances the shell gets scrapped!

Whats the point!? its a shame!

rage

Lifer
slowly collecting all the bits for my forged 5e build.

won;t be mental but would see 300bhp in a stripped out car and full cage.

should be fun :)

davehart

Member +
I completely agree with this, i do not understand why people pay £Thousands, get there GT/Glanza mapped and then within 2000-2500 miles they break the entire car and in some instances the shell gets scrapped!

Whats the point!? its a shame!

I never understand why people do this either. Spend 12k doing all the car up...then strip it and sell it. To many of the old well tuned EP's have gone to the scrappy which should be still on the road now.

GaryGT

Member +
I never understand why people do this either. Spend 12k doing all the car up...then strip it and sell it. To many of the old well tuned EP's have gone to the scrappy which should be still on the road now.

I think its a case of they wanted to hand over money to some1 to do the work and get back a beast and it simply never happens that way!! its a process and alot of guys are left dissapointed! and simple try and cut der loses! which is a pity and a loss to the TGTT world! we love every1 and every GT no matter how mild or wild the build!
In my Mind they were never True TGTT fans/ Nutjobs in the first place! :)
it takes a certain crazyiness to stay in this community and to keep focused on making your Car / ride better! just ask any 1 from way back in the Day like Jay
13 years and counting and still the love is as strong and still i make changes even from Australia
Long live the 4E :)