Excessive Excess " the ratings for your vehicle has increased this year"

bongskag

Member +
whats this fresh whiff of guff from the insurance company's ?

My renewal price was the same but they tried to slip in a £600 excess in there on top of my £100 voluntary ... ( last year was £100 excess , £100 voluntary excess)

Please take into account that the renewal price is around £280 . a £600 excess is double the premium cost , and 600% on top of last years excess . ( and no I didn't claim! )

when questioned , the insurance company e-mailed back :

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the ratings for your vehicle has increased this year, causing your excess to increase. We do have a product available to our clients where you can protect your excess, thus meaning your excess will be a combined amount of £200.00 if a claim occurs. This product costs an additional £50.00, on top of your original premium.

If a claim does occur, you would initially pay your full combined excess of £700.00, once the claim has been settled you are able to claim back £500.00 of this.

Please can you confirm if you would like to proceed with this upgrade?

--------------------

I went straight to compare the whatsit and fat singing guy ... and all the quotes were coming up £400-£500 premium .. with excess of £400-£600 a lot more than my current insurer

is this the new insurance scam then? massive excess unless you protect your old excess, which you must protect on your current policy , effectively locking you to a company trying to claw onto the £100 excess you once had ? tell me it aint true !

whats the decent price of an excess ? insurance is a minefield !

5e colin

Member +
dunno mate but they do al sorts to get more mopney and not to pay in a claim there pro conmen in my eyes that get away with it

i pay a lot for a useless insurance disk coz 9 out of 10 times u wont get a thing !!!!

bongskag

Member +
car insurance is the only industry I can think of which profits from something that is a legal requirement.. there must be others , but i cant think of them right now !

so , I paid for my insurance last year ... I didn't claim...what service did they provide me in order to earn hundreds of pounds .. . other than putting my number plate on the police computer.. and paying someone to process my payment and e-mail the documents, it cant cost them that much!

were paying for people who claim for a cracked wing mirror , or things like bird shit on there roof , kerbed alloys ..

dac69er

Super Moderator
i played hardball with them today and managed to drop my premium £110 from the renewal price on my ep85 and £30 on the ep82. that is about a 25% saving for the first premium which wasnt bad at all :) excess was the standard £250 as it has always been and i increased the value of the car from 2k to 5k :)

i have insured all my cars with them for 10 years and havnt claimed anything, not even a window chip so its money for old rope.

bongskag

Member +
well played , I guess it always pays to haggle with them , after all there just taking money, with no costs to themselves . they can afford to let us keep some for petrol and keeping the things running ;) I guess starlets are still cheap overall , with the road tax , and cheap service items. and still a bit of economy off boost too.