Td04 HL

blackee

Member +
hi, im jolo from manila. Would like to inquire as to what rpm does td04HL full boosts? Vs my current td04L which came from subaru wrx.
Im running on a 4efte stock internals, stock injectors, walbro 255 and fmic.
Please advise. Thank you and more power

ramses974

Member +
Hi
there is a lot of TD04Hl series ...td04HL15 etc until 19T
I have owned a TD04HL, it is not a good turbo for spooling , it is cery slow , not very suitable for a 4efte engine and do not performs well ... A IHI VF or garrett is better for better power but not for response
Hope this will help you

blackee

Member +
Hi
there is a lot of TD04Hl series ...td04HL15 etc until 19T
I have owned a TD04HL, it is not a good turbo for spooling , it is cery slow , not very suitable for a 4efte engine and do not performs well ... A IHI VF or garrett is better for better power but not for response
Hope this will help you

Thanks! So any advise on what turbine should i get for upgrade with my current set up? Preferrably easy to purchase in the market and npt hard to find. Thanks again

ramses974

Member +
i have tried a lot of ihi turbo with my engine. The best ihi turbs for a 4e are :ihi vf23-ihi vf28-ihi vf35. But below 4000rpmjudging from these larger turbos , you will always be laggier than a td04L.
Another compromise is to be a td04L15 not really the 19T, there are a lot of version with 19T and they all react differently...
To react more with these:
-cams
-springs
-ported polished
-reduce air system between intercooler to intake

Last edited: