stinking blue smoke on boost, none on over run but smoke after going back on throttle

superspat

Member +
coupel of months ago i replaced the head on my avanzato to a 1.5mm metal HG, when i left the unit i noticed it smoked a bit on boost and has got worse since then.

it only really smokes on boost, none on over run or idle but after decelerating and going back on throttle it chugs out a nice big cloud and clears again till come on boost, i let car idle for over a hour the other day to check for HG,fan, preassurized pipes but all good and no cream in oil cap, in the cam or dipstick

had the turbo off since and no unusual play, a light filming of oil in intercooler pipe work but nothing to bad and a very slight film on the bov but none more than normal, exhaust side of turbo dosent seam went oil or the usual symptions exhaust seals gone

compression test is all good on wet and dry test

the car was spot on before i changed the HG so i know its caused by some thing that we did but car runs spot on and happly running 1.5bar, would just to try and sort out the smoke before the dive to japfest

any 1 got any ideas as were to go from here, im swaying towards turbo seal and maybe it got soem shit in it when of the car for HG but stumped and need some fresh ideas

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
I had a fiesta RS Turbo and did exactly as described as above, mine was the turbo seals. I just bought a cheapy second hand one off ebay until I could afford a new one, which I later left on until I sold it as it was a good unit.

See if someone has a turbo laying around so you can test it.

Cheers

superspat

Member +
My turbo isn't common as it's a homebuilt hybrid out of 2 turbos so getting a cheap replacement is not really going to happen , will just wait till its really bad as getting a larger exhaust comp wheel fitted to it but it's not going to be cheap,
I've been swaying towards turbo seals but got stopped last nite by a randomer saying it's chucking out white smoke

Last edited: