Question about replacing fuel hosing

tmontana

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys,

Just found a bad fuel leak when I checked under the bonnet of my glanza

Actually the hose is leaking at both ends, the one going into the fuel pressure regulator and on the other end.

I tried tightening the hose clamps with a screwdriver but it hasnt fixed the leak.

See my pics here

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/tmontana100/IMG_20140421_154328_zps152167fa.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/tmontana100/IMG_20140421_154339_zpsf4631189.jpg

I obvoiusly need to replace that hose ASAP

My questions are:

1) What size is the hose I need and where can I buy one ASAP

2) Is it just a case of taking the hose off and replacing it with the new one or is there anything that needs to be shut off prior to removing the hose so my fuel doesnt go everywhere?

Hope someone can help

Thanks lads

Alan

1. Depends but if may be 8mm id, cut a section off and take it with you to any car shop, motor factors, autosupplies ext

2. Petrol will leak but if you remove the petrol cap it will dump some off the pressure prior to removing it but if it's leaking it won't hold pressure anyway

Don't drive it as is fuel leaks are very dangerous !!

tmontana

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for your reply mate

So is it just a case of losening the 2 clamps and removing the hose and fitting the new one?

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Yes,

Just cut that hose directly in half and bung a screw in one end to stop fuel coming out, then take the other half to the motor spare shop and buy a length of how much you need. then just quickly swap it over, simplez!

Oh and dont over tighten the hose clamps when you put it back on or you run the risk of the clamp piercing the hose again :(

Try get proper fuel hose clamps if you can whilst at the motor spares place :)

And as Garry said, try not to drive it like that! tad dangerous!

Mark

dac69er

Super Moderator
just cut the hose off at the end where its split if you have enough length and refit it. as above, don't overtighten the clamps.

before removing the pipe, unplug the fuel pump while the car is running and let the car stop. let everything cool down if the engine is hot and then remove the pipe. there will b a little fuel I there, but not much and it wont be under pressure.