Radiator Overflow bottle.... EP82 vs EP91

Phil

Super Moderator
Dear people of TGTT,

i have an ep82.

that has a messy brown looking overflow bottle on left side of the bay.

I have fitted a Civic radiator on the front right hand side of the bay (surprise surprise)

But i have also fitted a topmounted turbo so ideally would like my expansion bottle on the right of the bay rather than running a return line past the turbo or behind the block.

So has anyone fitted or tried to fit a ep91 bottle to the front right corner of the EP82 bay?

Is that a ep91 stock position or somewhere the overflow was shifted to if you had/hadnot aircon?

Help/info required.:confused::confused:

Many thanks.:teach:

Phil

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
The difference is not between EP82 and EP91 my child, tis but betwixt ABS and non-ABS..

Grab a coolant bottle from an ABS-equipped EP82 and it'll sit next to the battery.

Jay

Phil

Super Moderator
The difference is not between EP82 and EP91 my child, tis but betwixt ABS and non-ABS..

Grab a coolant bottle from an ABS-equipped EP82 and it'll sit next to the battery.

Jay

This is good.

keep and eye for one¬!

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
Could someone fire me the part number for the abs equipped ep82 coolant bottle?
Or even fire me the name of the part number site?

DIY something I think ?

Phil

5e colin

Member +
jay is right i am a abs man and the little tank slote inbetween battery and quadlight but sadly its a dirty brown color to dont think it was ever white ?????

toyodiy.com

Phil

Super Moderator
Why not just get an alloy one? would look alot better

hmm guess i just liked the idea of making used of a standard starlet part to get the job done.

not the first notion how to use toyodiy so beat on that front.

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
Cheers

this sounds good.

16470 TANK ASSY, RADIATOR RESERVE
16470-11030 1 $70.61

But i guess it would be hard to ask for the non abs version?

Maybe a chat to a Toyota parts man would yield the answer.

Phil

Jay

Admin
That looks like the number I'd go for Phil, you will also need the bracket to go with it (16611-11020) otherwise it'll be a pig to fit.

The non-ABS version comes as part of the washer bottle so it's harder to find, I can remember having to work that one out the hard way in 2003 lol.

Jay

Phil

Super Moderator
That looks like the number I'd go for Phil, you will also need the bracket to go with it (16611-11020) otherwise it'll be a pig to fit.

The non-ABS version comes as part of the washer bottle so it's harder to find, I can remember having to work that one out the hard way in 2003 lol.

Jay

Cheers Jay, email going Daves direction now.

Phil

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
If you get stuck Phil, give me a shout, theres a guy near me who is breaking his ep82 with ABS. Ill email him to see if he still has the bottle and what condition its in.

Only thing is its here in Australia :) I dont mind going to get it if he still has it and posting it over :)

See how you go at Toyota first and if it proves fruitless Ill start proceedings at my end LOL

Cheers mate

Mark

Phil

Super Moderator
If you get stuck Phil, give me a shout, theres a guy near me who is breaking his ep82 with ABS. Ill email him to see if he still has the bottle and what condition its in.

Only thing is its here in Australia :) I dont mind going to get it if he still has it and posting it over :)

See how you go at Toyota first and if it proves fruitless Ill start proceedings at my end LOL

Cheers mate

Mark

Haha cheers! i couldnt put you through that though!

Ryan has pm'd me to say he has one, (though whether ep91 fit ep82 im not sure) so if toyota cant get me one i may see what he wants for it.

thanks for the offer though! Tgtt still producing helpful members in 2014 :rockon::rockon:

Phil

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Haha cheers! i couldnt put you through that though!

thanks for the offer though! Tgtt still producing helpful members in 2014 :rockon::rockon:

Phil

No worries Phil,

People on this site have always helped me out, and I will always go out my way to help someone off here out also :)

+ after all its what the forum is here for

Cheers

Mark

No worries Phil,

People on this site have always helped me out, and I will always go out my way to help someone off here out also :)

+ after all its what the forum is here for

Cheers

Mark

i agree totally...i've dealt with some very helpful members on this site over the years
its good to know you can place high reliance on someone you may not have ever met or even spoken to directly

5e colin

Member +
^^^^^ thats what this site is all about 1 starlet head helping out tha other starlethead in nead :) :) wherever and when ever :)

Phil

Super Moderator
i agree totally...i've dealt with some very helpful members on this site over the years
its good to know you can place high reliance on someone you may not have ever met or even spoken to directly

^^^^^ thats what this site is all about 1 starlet head helping out tha other starlethead in nead :) :) wherever and when ever :)

100%

Many thanks again everyone.

Hopefully either get a 2nd hand one or buy direct from toyota.

Phil