What coilovers are you running?

Batters

Member +
I'm going to be looking at getting a set of coilovers in the not so distant future and I was wondering what other people are running to get an idea of what sort to go for I personally am going for a fast road set-up but would be interested in what everyone else is doing

aidan

Member +
I have bc's in the ep71 and love them tbh nice and firm without being back breaking That's with bride seats too not sure if they can be got for starlets but got had coils in the chaser and there really really comfortable

Phil

Super Moderator
Bc in my gt, have them on a soft setting drive feel very well.

Remind me of a how a Tein super street drove.

Phil

glanzatd04l

Member +
im running mk1 vw caddy front coilovers and im looking for mk1 golf coilovers for the back, got the fronts new for £80.

kevin

davehart

Member +
MeisterR's is what I run in the GT and I can't fault them. Super stiff on its hardest setting but more than conformable when turned to soft for every day road use.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Tein super streets are the best road use coilovers I have experienced.

Had d2 in the past and they were just too damn hard!

Meisters are ok.

Gilly2006

Member +
I personally don't have first hand experience at owning coilovers, but i have driven a GT with bc's and the ride was really good and smooth.

i was a passenger in a mrk1 GT quite a few years ago with some old D2s and they where really hard, the car felt like it was bouncing/bobing everywhere!

i will be getting coilovers eventually but I'm happy with what i have and i can't justify the money for coilovers brand new.

Gilly2006

Member +
Have bc as wel nice to drive with but were seized solid after a few years

you do have to maintain them and keep them in good working order, you can't just fit them and off you go you will have to at least get them set up. please don't think that this has been your case but iv seen a few sets that have just rusted and seized on the height adjustment threads.

Its a shame because i was paying 700 quid i would be pretty upset that in 3 or 4 years time they seized.

azerty

Supermoderator
I use D2 Racing "super Racing" 3 ways coilovers :p
They have been designed rally/gymkhana competition purpose only though

10405239_799245166752182_8297894127589256261_n.jpg

Last edited: