adblocker

bongskag

Member +
block all ads using

"Adblocker plus" ,

just type that in google , its a plugin for firefox .. havnt seen a popup in months .. :rockon:

reminds me of the internet years ago before sites started tracking movements ..

I also use "no Script " but thats a bit more advanced and will cause you problems unless you know which javascripts to run on each site, for example youtube wont come up with pics or suggested video's but it stops them from selling your data to google and twitter for money.. sad world it is now, trouble is we all agree to there crazy terms and condition's . doesn't mean we cant shut down certain scripts :)

Rev

Member +
block all ads using

I also use "no Script " but thats a bit more advanced and will cause you problems unless you know which javascripts to run on each site

Thanks will investigate adblocker.
For using no script my tips are -
On important sites its best to set up permanent permissions but
I find most sites have a static script you allow this first, then the site script and all is well. If you have a lot of scripts you revoke temporary permissions then only the basic scripts show up and you allow them.

The trick is some sites dont show you the sites static you need to run the site unless you run the advertising script first but this is usually just one Ad script and it can still get blocked after it releases the static you need.

bongskag

Member +
Thanks will investigate adblocker.
For using no script my tips are -
On important sites its best to set up permanent permissions but
I find most sites have a static script you allow this first, then the site script and all is well. If you have a lot of scripts you revoke temporary permissions then only the basic scripts show up and you allow them.

The trick is some sites dont show you the sites static you need to run the site unless you run the advertising script first but this is usually just one Ad script and it can still get blocked after it releases the static you need.

yeh I hear ya.. I find it interesting to see what scripts they try to push.. and what does what :) I actually prefer the non-java version that Gmail offers I don't accept anything entering the site, and then get redirected to the non-java version. so much quicker and easy to navigate, I like being able to have a choice for once about weather I want to use all the features.
I found no-script after I was impressed with the ad blocker plug-in. I get a lot less spyware turn up in superantispyware too .. seems like thats there way in :S