Glanza V Engine into EP82 GT

gnade

Fresh Recruit
Hi All

I have done a bit of searching in here and around the net and am finding some conflicting, not not so rock solid info. Was hoping to get some clarification.

I have a manual ep82 GT that has a slipping clutch, blown head gasket, and a few KM's on the clock.
There is a starlet nearby for sale that has a manual Glanza V 4EFTE in it.(the black cover one..)
I was thinking of picking that up and putting that in the EP82.

From what I can tell there are some minor differences. Gearbox has different ratios, ECU plugs are different, TPS plug is different on the Auto.

Could someone confirm for me:
  • Engine is the same setup, will just drop in.
  • Can use my existing EP82 loom, just splice in some connectors when needed and plug straight into the EP82 ECU
  • Will not need to do anything suspension wise, drive shafts, other ancillaries.

Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
use you old wiring loom and sensors. just drop the new engine in and plug everything in. nothing will need spicing.

engine is exactly the same fitment wise.

nothing else will need changing.

dark_knight

Member +
differences in setup

if the engine is the only thing you are interested in and you are keeping both (the blown one and the one you are acquiring) then go for it. the differences i can think of are;
  • TPS: 3-wire on a MT, 5-wire on an AT
  • CTS: 2-wire on a GT, 3-wire on a Glanza
  • air lines: the GT has metal lines connecting the DV and intake, the Glanza setup is different
  • ECU: 2-plug on a GT, 3-plug on a Glanza
  • con-rods: thicker on a GT, supposedly thinner, lighter & stronger on a Glanza :p
  • coolant overflow bottle position: belt-side on a GT, fusebox side on a Glanza
  • brake servo plumbing: the 1-way valve is in-line on the pipe on a GT, valve is integrated into the servo on a Glanza
  • MAPS: the positioning of the manifold pressure sensor is different in both setups

that's all i can remember now. all the best. unless you already got it done.

Last edited: