Boost solenoid Hi/lo wiring?

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
Hi, i build a 4efe Turbo. now i have problem with to much boost at 1/4 mile starting. To much wheelspin. So i think about OEM boost solenoid. this my car doesnt have but i use EP82 turbo ECU. so i have the PIN from ECU to be able to use such solenoid.

I think about using normal Solenoid with cheap manual boost controler to adjust my low boost level. Think ECU only cuts the boost in 1st gear? any more information available ?

How is the solenoid switched? direct by engine ECU? PIN 15 BC ? is there OEM an seperat ECU or relay for these function?
I couldn find wiring diagram with HI/LO switch. Someone has?

Guye

Lifer
From my experiments I found that selecting lo boost on the two mode switch pulls the signal wire to a negative ground. Since I am using an EMU I used this to activate a relay which then allows flow of current from the emu's subinjector output to an aftermarket boost control solenoid. I can therefore use the hi/lo button to switch from the boost map to wastegate pressure. If the stock ecu operates similarly then I suspect that selecting hi boost would then output current in pulses/duty cycle durations to regulate the stock solenoid and selecting lo boost would switch this flow of current signals off. This is just my theory as I do not know how it actually sends the signal to the stock solenoid. It would be easier if you had a piggyback or standalone ecu fitted with a dedicated boost solenoid control output. You can possibly fit an electronic boost controller which would also give you the options of hi/lo boost settings or even rpm/gear boost limiting as needed.

weeJohn

Lifer
Learn to control the boost with your right foot, consider an lsd, slicks or even try "Grip" tyre softener before doing this.

E10-2001-CT9

Member +
learn to control it will be long way, i thougt technical help would be better.

I use greddy emu, possibly i can use an seperate output for an relay for boost control.
I plan using an simple magnet solenoid. If its closed, bypass is closed and i got full boost. If solenoid is active, its open and the bypass is connected to an simple manual boostcontroller.

Guye

Lifer
If you are using an EMU get one of these solenoid
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Boost-s...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d118d35c8&vxp=mtr
And a 4 prong switching relay. I tapped into the wire at the back of the hi/lo switch and used this as the trigger for the relay. The subinjector output wire from the EMU was also sent to the relay. When the switch is pressed the relay activates and allow the pulse wave current to pass through to the solenoid. This will act as your hi boost controller. You will then tune your desired boost by entering values into the subinjector map table. 0 representing solenoid fully open (wastegate spring pressure boost) 100 representing max pressure bled away from the wastegat (theoretical max boost). By using higher values lower in the rpm/psi cells you will enhance the spool up of the turbo. It is best to select one value, for example 30 and paste that in all cells. The solenoid will now act like a mbc. Note what pressure you get with different values and use that to fine tune your desired max boost and which rpm you would want the turbo to come in at strongest. Hope this makes sense.
I
The only reason I went through the trouble of adding the relay was so that I can go to my wastegate spring pressure of 12psi if I so wished instead of having a constant 20psi.