Jam Actuator Help :D

MaxEP

Fresh Recruit
So,I've just bought a Jam actuator.I've installed it in the car and it works fine.Now,This actuator is like the stock one,If you use the High/Low switch you reduce the boost.Now here is why I need the help.

I've looped the High/Low solenoid already in the past and have eliminated the efi pipe.Usually the hoses from the solenoid go in the efi pipe and the other on a metal line that goes to the actuator.But now that I have eliminated the efi pipe,Where do I put the hose that usually gets attached there?

Any help would be appreciated.

just leave it open to the atmosphere, its a crude way of controlling boost by bleeding off some of the boost pressure applied to the actuator

dac69er

Super Moderator
I really don't want 1 bar boost on a standard manifold :S

then connect it up how it should be connected with the hi/lo and you will have some control. if you remove the hi/lo you just need to block the spare port on the jam actuator to get the lower boost setting.

MaxEP

Fresh Recruit
Yah,I think I have figured it out.I just need to connect a T from the turbo hose to the actuator then to the solenoid.Will give it a try tomorrow.

MaxEP

Fresh Recruit
I think it's the only possible route without an efi pipe if I want to still use the high/low switch

dac69er

Super Moderator
one pipe goes from the turbo to the actuator. then you come from the other stub on the actuator to the hi/lo solenoid, then you leave the outlet of the hi/lo solenoid with nothing on, venting to atmosphere (this would normally be connected to the efi pipe).

MaxEP

Fresh Recruit
And that will make the switch work ? I can switch High and low? Or will it just only run on low?

I'll give it a test tomorrow also.Thanks :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
as long as the switch activates the solenoid then yes, it will work. you should have about 0.7-0.8 bar low and 1 bar high

MaxEP

Fresh Recruit
one pipe goes from the turbo to the actuator. then you come from the other stub on the actuator to the hi/lo solenoid, then you leave the outlet of the hi/lo solenoid with nothing on, venting to atmosphere (this would normally be connected to the efi pipe).

So basically this morning I've tried out what you told me.The mental thing is on high I'm getting 0.8 bar and on low 0.5! o_O.Now if I eliminate the solenoid I get 1 bar of boost.I really wanted to use the solenoid but this is crazy.

dac69er

Super Moderator
do you have any pictures of what you have done and whats connected to what? are you sure its a jam actuator?

MaxEP

Fresh Recruit
I bought it in a kit along with a Jam FCD.I think it's working well,Because as I said without the solenoid connected I get 1 bar and with it connected I get 0.8.So the boost I'm supposed to have is there.Sadly I do not have any pictures.But I have connected it like you said.The port facing upwards on the actuator is connected to the turbo and the port that is facing sideways is connected to the metal line that goes up next to the solenoid and then that is connected to the solenoid.