broken synchro???

skevosEP91

Member +
Hey guys and greetings from Cyprus!!!

I have this problem with the 2nd gear and i dont know what may be cause it!!!:confused:

When i am trying to powershift from 1st to 2nd gear i cant put it and i mis-shift!!!

The first time i thought it was on me but then i tried again and again and again but it cant take 2nd gear at powershifting...

Every other gear is fine exept from 2nd !! Also at normal driving and if i pull and put 2nd smoothly it doesnt crunch or anything. The gearbox dont make any weird sounds!!
Can this be from a weakened clutch master cylinder or its the synchro of 2nd gear the problem overall????

Any help would be apreciated and if anyone had the same problem and solved it i am all ears!!! :)

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

GP82

Member +
It most likely is the worn syncro, but at what RPM are you shifting!?

I have seen and owners have said in the past the gearbox does not like it trying to powershift or wot shifting from 1st to 2nd gear above 7k rpm. You have to slow the shift down half a second 1st to 2nd or get out of 1st earlier, below 7k rpm, then it seem's to work, well this is what i noticed.

dac69er

Super Moderator
its not really designed to powershift. you will break the box if you treat it like that. most synchros break under normal driving with just a couple of missed gears so your lucky your gearbox is as good as it sounds.

Vic-GT

Fresh Recruit
i have this same issue with my 3rd even in slow driving situations so i believe its the syncro, any advise were i can get this online from a thrust worthy site?

Jay

Admin
Going on previous experience I'd sway towards the synchro as well. Which box are you running?

elison

Member +
Synchro from 2nd and 3th seems to be a problem on these boxes when more than moderate shifting is applied. Do a search on here and you should find plenty of info on synchros with their numbers.

skevosEP91

Member +
first of all thank all of you for the reply!!

The box is the standard from a glanza turbo!!! Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd doesn't make any problem!!! :/