Whats happened?

Djaniero

Member +
Another OT'er still here. As said above, social networking seems to have slowed things down here majorly....and I see a lot more activity on the uks forum. That said, I still love coming back here and speaking to the members from back in the day who still provide me with all the starbo info I could ever need.
As we all know....they're addictive lil fckers. We sell them only to regret it in the long run...or end up buying another one lol.

Rory

Lifer
Im yet to regret breaking mine and thats been 2 years or so, but i wont say i wouldnt have another, would just know how to make it faster than before without adding turbo chargers the size of yer head...
New project and fatherhood keeps me occupied more than enough haha

Yep i do see alot of activity over on uks pretenders but we all know where to come for sound advice on ep's :).

Rory

GaryGT

Member +
Still here in spirit even tho im 10000 miles away from my obsession :)
Good to see all the old timers still kicking :)

Stu-

Member +
Worldwide its quite noticeable the decline in starlet enthusiasts. Our NZ forum, the AU forum and this one have all slowed down but there's still the hardcore persisting. To me it seems alot of the tire kickers have gone and the really passionate owners remain.

sx_turbo

Lifer
starlets are now like sunny/pulsar gtir's

the excitement from everyone has gone, and just the hardcore people left.

i still knock around on here from time to time, but i am one of them people who have grown up :( i really want another one, but just got a house last year and just got a new car, had to buy a new roof for the house, and i'm getting married next year, i cant see me getting another for some time

Phil

Super Moderator
starlets are now like sunny/pulsar gtir's

the excitement from everyone has gone, and just the hardcore people left.

i still knock around on here from time to time, but i am one of them people who have grown up :( i really want another one, but just got a house last year and just got a new car, had to buy a new roof for the house, and i'm getting married next year, i cant see me getting another for some time

i know the feeling all to well, i pieced one together on a budget over the last 2 years and only issue was a slappy forged engine (we didnt build) but got it mapped last night, went well, racing my mates new m3 and blew her up.

now im starting to wonder will i have the will/dollar to start buying forged bits all over again.

Phil

WallaceGlanza

Member +
i know the feeling all to well, i pieced one together on a budget over the last 2 years and only issue was a slappy forged engine (we didnt build) but got it mapped last night, went well, racing my mates new m3 and blew her up.

now im starting to wonder will i have the will/dollar to start buying forged bits all over again.

Phil

Gutted! These sorts of thing make you loose the will to continue.... that's what happened to me:(

GaryGT

Member +

@ Phil what was the cause?? detonation? timing belt snap? why she let go??

regards

G

Phil

Super Moderator

@ Phil what was the cause?? detonation? timing belt snap? why she let go??

regards

G

Engine thrown together im afraid. tolerances where never right.

rattled for a couple of years never stopped when warm, but only ran a ct9 @1bar before i got my hands on it.

we slapped a greddy td05 on and a standalone ECU and gave her 1.5bar on Tuesday night.... she didnt like that.

mega piston failure id guess. Skirts broke from slapping more than likely.

Just hope rods/crank are salvagable.

Phil

GaryGT

Member +
get a rebuild Video going lad ;-) show people wat dedication and hard work can achieve and a limited budget ;-)

Guye

Lifer
I pop in ever so often. My GT is going to stay with me until it rots beyond repair or I crash it....knock on wood. I even repainted it white to make repairs to the body cheaper down the road. Metallic paint and clear coat has become so expensive......

davehart

Member +
There are far to many GT's getting broken these days :)

If only I had the space and money to save them from the scappy I'd save a far few of those ones getting chopped up!

goldenvtr

Member +
still got mine, the car collection is forever changing though, currently got my gt and eunos turbo, mazda 323f td04 turbo'd and an audi cabriolet v6 lol

bongskag

Member +
who knows , I think most lads are scared of old cars, some are willing to get there hands dirty and get things done.
but the majority would rather get finance on a new car , then suffer when the "planned obsolescence" kicks in Rofl (software errors) .. then its time for an upgrade or trade in whatever its called.
although I may just be getting old and paranoid. but I cant see a modern car lasting more than 5 years! ideally I think the manufacturers want you to trade in every 3 years and scrap the old car, I think they realised in the mid 90's that they were building them too well and they would last 20+ years ( which they have :) )

George611

Member +
Im still here! 4 years and counting....im kinda glad they're dieing off abit they was becoming too common and too chav'd up