Idle, RPM, engine dies after revving

rakizta1003

Fresh Recruit
Hi GT folks,

I know there had been several thread in this forum regarding eratic idling, etc. I have already read almost all of it since i started experiencing this problem last 2011.

Here is a short information/history about my engine.

in 2011. before i fully modified my 4efte engine i am already experiencing an erratic idle from coldstart, hot weather and when A/C is turned on. I have already tried all the suggestions from different forums and topic relating to Idle problem like (injectors, IACV, ICV, vacuum lines, idle screw, earthing, pcv, dizzy etc.) but non of it works. so i decided to fully modified my engine and tried to rewired it from scratch

in 1st qtr of 2012. I have pulled down my engine and rebuild it from scratch by replacing all internal parts and some sensor. I have also rewired my engine and used a honda P08 ECU and changed the Dizzy to a honda one. Fuel systems are also been upgraded

After completing my my build. I then try to run my car. It runs perfectly fine. But after 3mos here it goes again.

1. High idle on cold temperature (3000 rpm)
2. Very low idle in hot weather temperature (400rpm)
3. When A/c is turned on the engine stalls
4. sometimes it runs normal but once you revv up your engine and release the pedal, the engine dies (idle does not stop at 800rpm when you release the pedal, it goes directly to zero.)

I tried changing the IACV and it will be running ok for a day, then the problem goes back again.

I tried to diagnose it but it seems all sensor readings are okay. I even tried retuning it on a dyno but same result.

can anyone suggest me of anyting? or should i just throw my engine away.

weeJohn

Lifer
Sounds like a duff water temp sensor to me for 1 and 2, possibly 4. For 3, did you install/wire in the idle up sensor for extra electrical load of ac?

rakizta1003

Fresh Recruit
Hi WeeJohn,

I am using a Honda water temp sensor, base upon the reading checking it physically it seems ok. I just dont know why my engine stalls after revving it up on Idle or even during braking when running (even my foot is on the clutch or even putting the gear to neutral.)

i dont know what to do now.

I have still installed the wire for idle up for extra electrical load.

Stu-

Member +
Whats your ignition map look like? You can add more timing below your ideal idle rpm which will help catch and lift the idle. What throttle body are you using?

ChrisD

Member +
What is your fueling at around 500rpm? You can add some ignition advance at this point, but it won't be as effective as adding fuel.

My idle at 1000rpm needs about 1.6ms, while at 500 rpm it does up to 2ms to help catch it and not stall.