new fuel pressure regulator issue

rakizta1003

Fresh Recruit
i am running lean after replacing my stock FPR to an adjustable FPR by fuelab.

Issue 1

After placing the new FPR. Pressure is automatically set to 60psi, and we are unable to lower it down by adjusting the screw. (could there be a restriction along the return line as the pipe diameter is top small)

Test 2

If we remove the return line and temporarily place a larger pipe down to a gas container we are able to reduce the fuel pressure to 40psi. Then once we reconnect it back to its original return line (small diameter brass return line near the fire wall) pressure rises up from 40-60psi

Issue 2

So leaving it to stock small fuel line the pressure reading at idle is 60psi, and 40psi on WOT. Which causes me to run lean.

Possible culprits?

Fuel pump? though
I really doubt that i have a faulty fuel pump 255l whalbro as we have tested 3 new fuel pump same result.

Injectors could be too large. 500cc? Or duty cycle?

Faulty fuel regulator? We have tried 3 brand new fpr same effect.

Can anyone send me a fuel line diagram with the right fuel line diameter

Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
Im using a genuine FPR by Fuelab. Im not sure if it is because of the small return line

has someone fitted a new return line? you should have no trouble dropping the pressure down with the stock pipework.

did you get a rising rate fpr with the vacuum pipe fitting? if so, is that connected?

Jay

Admin
Sounds odd.

Are you using standard fuel lines, rail and hoses?

If you could give a few pictures of how the regulator is plumbed in it might help mate.

Jay